Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Greddy E-manage Round II

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-03, 07:29 PM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy E-manage Round II

If you did not watch Scott's (sc300t) thread on the e-manage you know that it was concluded that it did not work. here is a link if you want to read it:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=emanage

Anyways I continued to research the e-manage even after it was considered to be unusable. I found that MKIII guys have been using it with much sucess. It just didn`t make sense that a different car with the same maf could run perfect. SO... I invested in an e-manage just to confirm that it didn`t run right. It actually started up and ran great the first crank, my first flawless install. I have been driving on it for 2 days now, with one 30+ minute drive and the engine has not stalled yet. I started tuning with it, and it is a very powerful tool, My only complaint at this moment is that it has no user inputs, it would be nice to be able to log my a/f through the unit also. please note that I have not installed the injector or ignition harness yet, so I cannot verify how the car runs with those, but I am sure there will not be any problems. The problem scott was having was in the setup as mine. Anyways I just thought I would let you know how it is going.
Old 08-24-03, 07:59 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you took the plunge and it worked out for you. I plan on switching to the emanage during my winter tear down. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

gadgetSC-t
Old 08-27-03, 12:15 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Does the E-manage have the same ability as VPC? Just curious since a lot of people are looking for VPC.

Chris

PS. Glad J-spec doesn't have MAF.

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 08-27-03 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-27-03, 04:52 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm... that really is puzzling. I wonder if my E-Manage was defective? What is more puzzling is that substituting the SAFC II completely eliminated any problems whatsoever. Car runs like a champ with the SAFCII. I went through the rigors of testing the MAF even hooked the MAF up to a scope to see that the waveform was solid (it was) Perhaps I got a bad E-Manage. I didn't try a second unit. The Greddy people were frustrating enough for me to ditch the whole idea --- they really suck, and I wouldn't count on any help if you ever get into trouble. That said, I wish my E-manage worked, it has tons of features. The only other thing not tested was my ECU, but it seems fine. I doubt the difference between 92 and 93 has anything to do with it.

Horsepowerfreaks now perhaps has a defective E-manage that they're trying to sell????

Anyways---I'm glad you got it running!
Old 08-28-03, 10:59 PM
rz_racer
Driver

What rotary **** settings are you using on the e-manage

5-8-3 or 5-8-4

Also are you running a VPC?

thanks for your help,

Airek
Old 08-29-03, 04:05 PM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

sorry I haven`t responded in a while, just been busy with school, take my advice and never try to take 19 college hours at once!!! Anyways, all I did was rig up the e-maange and upgrade the firmware, then fired her up. the first time I got an error code on the e-manage, but it was because it was looking for the injector harness to be wired, and I didn`t have it wired. I changed the options fired it up again, and it has been running great since. I found that I can use my GM 3 bar map sensor with the e-manage, so I am pretty excited about that also, tuning via tps is just not working out as well as I would like it. The techedge also gets my props it is very nice to see you A/f constantly. But my only complain about it is that I am using it as my primary o2 sensor, and the car runs like crap sometimes until the sensor warms up. I will get back with some more info on my car in a little, but I am in a rush (as usual) so I will talk to you guys later.
Old 08-29-03, 04:50 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Boredguy77, why not just add a second bung for your factory 02 sensor.
Old 08-30-03, 10:56 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

The techedge only takes 20 seconds or so to warm up... The stock O2 sensor probably wouldn't do much better if any, and in my case the car ran worse with the stock 02 sensor than it does being fed a simulated signal from the w/b (if that makes any sense). The signal coming from the Techedge narrow band output seems pretty accurate and pure to me. Once in the loop, the Greddy E-manage should have the capability to make the car run really well, especially once the timing map (option) is in the loop.

I myself have had enough with piggy backs, next step will be AEM--- i just can't take any advantage of the big cam with the stock ECU (car begs for 8500rpm rev limit). Like Ethan said, he's stopping at 8k rpm and he feels short changed.
Old 10-02-03, 08:40 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

i dont know how old this thread is, but i need info on this.

Is it ok for me to make the assumption that the Emanage will work on my 92 sc3. I currently have a VPC and AFC (uninstalled) but i am hoping that the Emanage will work and i can save some money before install. So will the Emanage be enough to manage all my turbo fuel needs?

Kevin

Last edited by lexcoupe; 10-02-03 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-03-03, 09:21 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Yes, Kevin, it will be plenty for the goals you have in mind.
Old 10-03-03, 11:16 AM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

the e-manage is a great unit!!! I have it has anti stall features that you can control, it controls vehicle timing, it can use a Gm 3bar map for pressure vs rpm fuel, you can add different maf,s, I am going to use mine to setup my methanol injection, You can use as big of an injector as you want, greddy suggest you stay below 150% of your original injector size for idling purposes. basically the vpc should be extinct, this thing can do all it can, and some more. the only clear advantage to the vpc is the removal of the stock maf. But by no means is this all going to be cheap, used vpc's go for $550. An e-manage might cost you a little more.
e-manage $300
connectivity ~$125
injector harness $40
ignition harness $40
pressure sensor $120 (not needed but helpful)
have to have a laptop to tune with.
Old 10-03-03, 11:33 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by boredguy77
the e-manage is a great unit!!! I have it has anti stall features that you can control, it controls vehicle timing, it can use a Gm 3bar map for pressure vs rpm fuel, you can add different maf,s, I am going to use mine to setup my methanol injection, You can use as big of an injector as you want, greddy suggest you stay below 150% of your original injector size for idling purposes. basically the vpc should be extinct, this thing can do all it can, and some more. the only clear advantage to the vpc is the removal of the stock maf. But by no means is this all going to be cheap, used vpc's go for $550. An e-manage might cost you a little more.
e-manage $300
connectivity ~$125
injector harness $40
ignition harness $40
pressure sensor $120 (not needed but helpful)
have to have a laptop to tune with.
LOL.

E-manage $295
Support Tool $119
Injector harness $32
Ignition harness $34
Pressure Sensor harness $29
Pressure Sensor $99

or Special package.
E-manage + Support Tool + Ignition & Injector harness = $452

Sweet, huh?
Old 10-03-03, 01:03 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

boredguy, wait a min, I had understood that the e-Man will run speed density, so there should be nothing the VPC can do better. That airflow meter is a big restriction.

Chris, that's from your boy MOHD, right? That's where i'll probably get mine from, if I remember the package with the press sensor and harness was like $575, right? Can't beat that with a bat.
Old 10-03-03, 01:22 PM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

boredguy, wait a min, I had understood that the e-Man will run speed density, so there should be nothing the VPC can do better. That airflow meter is a big restriction.
well even if you do run the press. sensor you still have to keep your stock maf inline. The stock computer still makes its decision based on the maf, the emanage will just use the pressure sensor for its decisions. The maf is not really that bad of a restriction, granted a restriction, but I don`t think it is worth fussing over, unless you are going for some big numbers, and if you are going for big numbers that means you'll basically want the aem anyway.

so my prices where off a little, either way it still is not a cheaper route than the vpc, just better imho.
Old 10-03-03, 01:25 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by Lex Luthor

Chris, that's from your boy MOHD, right? That's where i'll probably get mine from, if I remember the package with the press sensor and harness was like $575, right? Can't beat that with a bat.
Yep. I'm very tempted to get it right now before it's out of stock.

Chris

Quick Reply: Greddy E-manage Round II