Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone running Greddy Emanage on NA-T

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-03, 06:31 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone running Greddy Emanage on NA-T

Just what the title says... Anyone running this on an MKIV NA-T? Seems much more flexible than an S-AFC. I needs something quick and can't afford to shell out $1800 and three weeks of tuning to get the car to idle with an AEM. They have an application listed for MKIV Supra TT, but not NA.
Old 06-24-03, 06:52 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

I'd like to know too, would really really like to avoid using a standalone for now, and my options are limited.
Old 06-24-03, 11:12 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here....I originally planned to try the e-manage, but couldnt find enough info on it. So I went with the SAFC. Its another reason I chose the Profec E-01 for boost control. I would have to go back to the MAF setup., which I dont want to do. Still like to know though.

gadgetSC-t

Last edited by gadgetSC; 06-24-03 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-24-03, 06:16 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I pulled the trigger. It will be here tomorrow. I'm starting with just the unit and the cable/ CD software. Some of the key advantages for me over the SAFC were:

16x16 airflow map adjusment:
Allows tuning at various throttle or psi settings. SAFC is limited by two throttle settings and interpolates data between the two. The HKS AFR doesn't even have a high/low setting. There are very limited points of adjustment. With the e-manage, you can hook up a pressure sensor (same one that feeds the boost gauge as long as it sends out 0-5v) and map the pressure v.s rpm instead of throttle position v.s. rpm. IMHO, throttle position is a horrible reference for airflow which is what the SAFC and AFR both do. For instance, when you jump on the gas initially, go WOT, your table on the SAFC would instantly read the 100% throttle table, when on a boosted car, the lag makes the actual airflow much less at that instant, and gradually ramps up as the boost comes on. If you reference pressure, your map will never be off due to spooling issues. My guess is that mapping pressure would make the car much more responsive.

Additional injector controller (with optional harness) can control extra injectors via a map, instead of just a crude rpm/ boost curve.

Larger injector control: Actually can change the duty cycle of the injectors after the signal leaves the ECU. SAFC and AFR don't do this.

Timing control: Again, you can hook up a harness for timing adjustment via 16x16 map. Far more sophisticated than my existing 6BTM one **** retard control.

Map trace mode: Through the laptop, the car will tell you where in the map the ECU is at any one point. This makes adjustments easier.

Anti stall adjustment: All three have some sort of anti-stall adjustment when using a BOV that vents to atmosphere.
Old 06-24-03, 07:25 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much for the e-manage?
Old 06-24-03, 07:33 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Scott, do me a solid and keep me totally up to speed on this, i'm under the gun to choose management as the install date draws near, and if this works for you i'll be trying one out right after.

- Jon
Old 06-24-03, 08:00 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Was $305 at Horsepower Freaks for the main unit plus $99 for the CD software / laptop connect cable.

There are some on Ebay now at around $279, but they didn't have the software. Besides, the HPF guys have been nothing but great, and it *could* be returned if needed.

Andrew, did you get that differential yet? I saw you had dibs on the one on Supraforums. Seems like a good buy. I would have jumped on that one, but with summer around, for some reason my A/F ratios have gotten so out of whack with the cams. Its instantly under in the 9.x:1 range as soon as boost hits. The need for fuel control had to take priority.

Jon, as always I'll share what information I've got. Will do a writeup on my site. I have no problem sharing maps, etc. But I doubt many people will have Crower cams on such a small turbo with stock MAF. Most aren't brain dead like me.

There is another import event up at Kilkare in Dayton this weekend. Hopefully I can get this thing under control before Sunday.
Old 06-24-03, 10:22 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Scott, not a bad price at all for all those options. I hate to be a follower, but if it works - it sounds like the best option. Keep us all posted. It is true - I spoke with the guy about the LSD - but it is just the guts that he has. No pumpkin. We had been exchanging e-mails but I have not heard from him in a couple days. I'll shoot him another note. I'm a little wary of trying to swap out the internals of the diffy not knowing if the input shaft will match the ring and then what all is involved with carriers and shims and crush collar and all that stuff. I'd like to have but am still very buisy for the moment. Hopefully, I will get my hands on them to at least check it out because it definitely is not a bad price.

What's the deal with the ratio? Is your haltech cutting in too much? Are you running both injectors? I'm sure you tried backing it off - but that kind of surprises me. It hasn't even been really that hot yet has it?

Anyways, have fun at kilcare. I will be back July 14 and I'm planning on heading up to Motion Nigtlife event Wednesday the 16. Maybe run at edgewater in the evening before that cruise in too.
Old 06-25-03, 10:07 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

I am running *Zero* on the Haltech and its still way too rich. The injectors are unplugged. Go figure. At 18psi on race gas it just starts to need extra fuel, and only above 6000rpm. (at least at warm temps). I'm sure this thing has a much greater appetite for fuel at low ambient temps. When I get the E-manage hooked up (hopefully start on it tonight) I'll probably dial a little in on the aux injectors and map the main ones down just to keep the spray pattern looking good all around.
Old 06-25-03, 10:08 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Andrew, keep me posted on that stuff in July up here. I'll try to meet up with you.
Old 06-25-03, 07:37 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Will do. Hey, your saying the stock injectors are handling the need for fuel up to 18 psi?
Old 06-25-03, 07:57 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

I believe the haltech was running when I dialed in 18psi. I'm not positive. I'll have more information when I get this e-manage thing up and running. I do know that on only stock injectors, I'm too rich up to at least 10-12 psi. The haltech has this ity bity led that shows when they're firing---its not easy to tell, and you certainly aren't gonna have much time to glance at that thing when you're at 18psi on the track trying to keep the car straight.

Of course, the fuel situation is only at spring/summer temps. Cold weather a/fs could be very different.
Old 06-25-03, 11:09 PM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

How are you going to figure out the **** adjustments, just trial and error, or support from greddy? I am starting to think about scraping the ls400 maf and afr for this unit 16x16 vs.map just can`t be beat, although it still is not an aem.

Last edited by boredguy77; 06-25-03 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-26-03, 02:28 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

It will be fairly easy to adjust I'd expect with an egt and wideband o^2 display. And a good ear.
Old 06-26-03, 07:34 AM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

I meant the ***** that setup the e-manage. there are like 7 ***** and a bunch of juimpers you have to setup.

Quick Reply: Anyone running Greddy Emanage on NA-T