Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Which Stock Stereo is Best/Easiest to Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-17, 08:49 AM
drseth
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Stock Stereo is Best/Easiest to Upgrade

Hi,

I have been really studying up on the SC400, but have a question about the stock sound systems. I know the premium/stock sound system is Pioneer, and the option is the Nakamichi. If a speaker goes bad, which is easiest/cheapest to replace?

I have a Bluetooth JVC head unit, and love being able to stream music off my phone, as well as being able to use the handsfree. I have bought FM Bluetooth modulators, but it seems they always have a hum, same with cassette headphone plug gizmo. Are they all alike, or is one the best? I have a CD changer in my 2001 Corvette, and unplug it, and connect it to an adapter that becomes an input for the cell phone. Is there an adapter that will work for either stock units?

I would really like to keep the stock head units if I can stream music off my phone and allow hands free calling, and have good sound, which is the best way to go? Is there a place the head unit can be sent to have a headphone input added?

If I decide to upgrade the head unit, which is best to use, Nakamichi or Pioneer? Are the stock wiring and amps retained, or are new wiring to speakers provide the best sound? I really don't like loud music, but want good quality sound at medium volume.

I looked around, but didn't see anything about stereos. Would be a great sticky.

Seth Anderson
Moon, VA