Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Please help me...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-17, 04:42 PM
GQQ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me...

Heres some pics of her (
Please help me.
Hello I'm coming to you today at my knees in shame of my sc400 purchase... the problem is not the style of the car or preformamce both are incridible and i wish i could drive this ***********ing car problem free for a full week. My car is a 1995 SC400 with 97,000 miles I purchased it at a dealership around two months ago and since then I've been bombarded with problems mostly involving the cooling system.

FIRST the heat shuts off in the cabin no heat once soever.

​SECOND After discovering this I quickly get home to a steamy engine .

THIRD I discover the radiator has been cracked and there is coolant spewed all over my engine I have a recent Forum on this site for that but I don't remember the link lol.

FOURTH I get a new radiator in the mail a Denso copper core and have it installed by a family mechanic that is trusted.

FIFTH the very next day I take it out for a joy ride in the coolant dumps out the bottom and starts overheating again.

SIXTH after much waiting and deciding if I should go to a dealership to finally figure out what's wrong and get charged out the a$$ I call my local mechanic again and he says it might be the thermostat so I have a new one ordered in.

SEVENTH I do the new thermostat replacing myself if any of you have done this before you should know it's pretty easy. After everything runs smooth.

EIGHTH this timeline ends at today where everything has gone smooth for a day and a half but the car just began heating up again today and blowing out steam front the overflow hose when I try to remove the cap. I've put so much water in it just to get around but it dumps it all back out. I have no clue where it's leaking and I can't find where. I am already financially ******ed from this car and I haven't even got rid of my old car yet which has turned out to have been a blessing so far.

I really am in DIREE need of help here. I have no where else to turn with this car I've repaired two things within having it for a couple months. I'm beyond pissed and I would kiss the shoes of anyone who thinks they have advice to get me out of this.. thank you all so much to those who reply and show your concern.

-Gaige Hopkins
Old 01-31-17, 06:27 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by GQQ
EIGHTH this timeline ends at today where everything has gone smooth for a day and a half but the car just began heating up again today and blowing out steam front the overflow hose when I try to remove the cap. I've put so much water in it just to get around but it dumps it all back out. I have no clue where it's leaking and I can't find where. I am already financially ******ed from this car and I haven't even got rid of my old car yet which has turned out to have been a blessing so far.

I really am in DIREE need of help here. I have no where else to turn with this car I've repaired two things within having it for a couple months. I'm beyond pissed and I would kiss the shoes of anyone who thinks they have advice to get me out of this.. thank you all so much to those who reply and show your concern.

-Gaige Hopkins
Take it somewhere that knows what they are doing to have a leakdown test done on the coolant system. It doesn't have to be the dealership, any reputable independent shop that has the equipment can do it. They will tell you if you have a headgasket leaking, or any other coolant system leak.
Old 01-31-17, 06:56 PM
GQQ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RXRodger
Take it somewhere that knows what they are doing to have a leakdown test done on the coolant system. It doesn't have to be the dealership, any reputable independent shop that has the equipment can do it. They will tell you if you have a headgasket leaking, or any other coolant system leak.
that's the thing. Where is somewhere that "knows what they are doing" especially with a car this year and a lexus combined I'm officially stumped with where to take it. Besides a dealership but even then I am worried they might screw me over.

Last edited by GQQ; 01-31-17 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-05-17, 08:31 AM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by RXRodger
^^ This

I'm sure you will find that the headgasket is bad. It does not matter that it is a Lexus. The procedure for a compression test & leak down is the same for all gas engines.
Is there any warranty by the seller dealer? I'm sure this issue is why the original owner sold the car.