Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

big turbo sc300 start up/tuning issues(was running until firmware flash) (im doing so

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-16, 03:54 PM
axis730
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big turbo sc300 start up/tuning issues(was running until firmware flash) (im doing so

i need a tuner or someone who is well versed in the aem piggy back software this is only my second time editing the tune on this car ive never had to build an entire map untill now i need a walk through so i can get it to idle and start setting values since flashing the new firmware so i could redo the map im starting from square one ive edited the values before and ive studied all the manuals enough but i cant seemto get it to turn over
this is my build info:
2jzge head
2jzgte block
rebuilt r154 King race bearings and thrust washers
Toyota piston rings
teflon coated pistons
Honed block
Polished crank
Decked block and head
Head has new valve seals pressure tested and decked Cometic head gasket
Arp head studs
Toyota oil pump
Toyota seals
Walboro 450lph fuel pump
1000cc injectors
4in front mount xspower intercooler
3.5in intake to turbo inlet
3.5in mishimoto radiator
Tial waste gate
T4 turbo manifold
Borg Warner 72mm turbo
Aremotive fuel pressure regulator
Aem fic6 piggy back
Ls400 front calipers
Stop tech cryo treated rotors
Toyota brake pads
Goodrich stainless brake lines
Tein coilovers
Full 3in exhaust with vibrant mufflers
ASA jh8 wheels (discontinued)
im curently on 10lbs springs(10psi)
aem fic has a built in map sensor
maf is a fuji electric 22204-42011
(uego) aem digital wideband
tps is denso 89452-22090
im running a distributor based ignition system with 5mm wires vpower 8 plugs and a t56 distributor from a 4runner
Old 11-15-16, 07:12 PM
axis730
Driver School Candidate

its a crank no start
fuel pressure is ok with the ignition on
i do get spark
dont know the comp but im sure its good
hks 272 cams
0.91 a/r
the problem is i dont know exaclty what im doing with the software i dont know how to get it to idle (i do but i think im missing something) i cant get the injector response time right nor can i seem to get the right afr to keep it running if if i get it to turn on it floods and dies from running rich im hoping someone has a base file i can use to create the rest of my map
the tuning procedure is faily simple and straight forward for the aem fic but i cant seem to get it down
Old 11-16-16, 02:55 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Question , why a piggyback .. between those 1000cc inj and fairly large cams and the fact you are using stock the ge Ecu , a good standalone would be best in any Na-t setup.. check ECU masters ...if you are interested in a very affordable setup that will run your car 20times better , I may be selling my aem v1 designed for ge motor with hks dli for exceptional deal.. been in my car over 8 years and has been flawless . Pm me for details
Old 11-16-16, 06:54 AM
axis730
Driver School Candidate

i bought the piggyback as an easy way to get the car running before i bought an ems 1/2 the initial tune tht was on it was veryyyy crappy it drove and i could move it to my shop and home ect but itd die after hard pulls and boost would break up after 5-7psi even though im set up for 10 and then the idle was bouncey on cold starts and it ran really really rich so i figured id try and edit the fuel trims for idle i ended up having to flash the new firmware and lost the base tune i was running