Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZGTE SC300 swap - intake side hose locations

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-16, 11:09 AM
ducatisamy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1JZGTE SC300 swap - intake side hose locations

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the community and have been reading/following several build threads. I finally swapped in the 1JZGTE into my 93 SC300 Automatic. I'm at the point of connecting the hoses/plugs and I want to do this right before I attempt to start the car. I need your help/guidance on the below images. Any response with pics will help.

There looks to be a coolant hose that would go on the intake manifold side by the firewall. It's hidden in the pic, but those who have done this should know. Also, there are 3 other hoses, which I believe may have to be extended to the other side?

Under the throttle body, there are several hoses, including another coolant hose, which I don't know what goes where. I know the one from the power steering pulley connects to the power steering pump, which fortunately came with the motor.

Lastly, two more hoses directly under the throttle body piece.

If you guys are able to take photos of the engine bay of your swap and get a close of up all the hoses, it'll help me a great deal.
Thanks for looking.
Old 10-03-16, 09:05 AM
ducatisamy
Driver School Candidate

Finally got this figured out after looking through several 1jz pics for reference. That brake booster hose was hidden on my 1jz, so I used the banjo bolt from the 2jzge and no issues so far. I will try to post pics of the hose re-routing later this week to help anyone who is looking to do the same swap.
Old 02-15-17, 10:26 AM
japsc85
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any updates on how the car is running
Old 02-15-17, 12:26 PM
ducatisamy
Driver School Candidate

The car is running perfectly fine. I'm constantly checking the engine bay for any signs of leaks and so far, no leaks whatsoever. I just did its fourth oil change and no signs of sludge, other than old-black oil.

When I initially did the swap, after tearing the motor apart, I only replaced the gaskets and seals with the overhaul kit. Later this Spring, I plan to pull the motor out again and do a proper rebuild of the block and head with new pistons, connecting rods, cam shaft, etc. so that I can push the car a little harder with confidence. I may even go single turbo... It's my daily driver and I've been keeping it under the speed limit to be safe. After all, it is a 20+ year old motor.
Old 02-16-17, 07:22 AM
japsc85
Driver

Good to hear was curious to know if you did a soarer swap and if so did you have to repin anything . I am starting my swap this weekend . With a soarer swap only 5-6 pins Peer to be in different locations Comparing my cars body harness to the soarers body harnesse any advice would be much appreciated
Old 02-20-17, 09:36 PM
Jgtlucre
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by japsc85
Good to hear was curious to know if you did a soarer swap and if so did you have to repin anything . I am starting my swap this weekend . With a soarer swap only 5-6 pins Peer to be in different locations Comparing my cars body harness to the soarers body harnesse any advice would be much appreciated
I'm feeling ready to start my swap. Whats the easiest for a 92 sc300 5spd? 1jzgte or 2jzgte? vvti or non? looking only for about 600hp when I'm done modifying it... Daily Driver. AC wanted lol
Old 02-21-17, 04:25 PM
japsc85
Driver

1jz soarer non vvti