Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Codes 25 & 26???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-16, 01:30 PM
Meghanw1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 sc300 running lean and rich?

How is it possible to get a 25 and 26 diagnostic code? One is for lean and the other a rich air to fuel ratio.

My 92' sc300 was running great. Just spent like $1600 on top of hours and hours of my own time under the hood. Yesterday I ran some errands. Seemed fine. Today on my way to get another estimate for the hit and run repair, which will most definitely be a total loss, its running like crap! Super rough idle and running rough. I can give you a list of all the repairs that was just done if that will help solve this issue.

I must add, that in the back of my head, I keep thinking the hit and run driver may have had something to do with this. Probably not. But cant seem to rule it out as a possibility. I had sent a certified letter to her, requesting her insurance information. And this morning before I left, I found a response to my request left on my doorstep. So I know she was here between the time it was running fie and when it started running like crap! WEIRD!

The story goes like this:
My car was parked when hit. The other drivers car was abandon at the scene of the accident and the original police report only named the owner of the vehicle without insurance info. When I contacted my insurance company they said the car hadn't had insurance since 2013. I found this very hard to believe because the car had current, up to date registration tags. So I called the dmv. They said that the car did have current insurance on file for the vehicle but could not release the information. Frustrated, I sent a letter to the owner of the other vehicle requesting her insurance information since my insurance couldnt find any. Then a week after I had sent the letter I got a letter from the police department disclosing the insurance information for the other car. Yay! So I called her insurance company and set up an appointment with their repair facility for this morning. The same day I finally recieved a response from the other driver responding to my request for information. She didn't send it in the mail. It was left on my doorstep, hand delivered. I know she lives a couple blocks away. But what? She didn't want to waste a stamp??? So, you can see why my mind might come to this conclusion, however unlikely it may be. It just seems kinda suspicious.

Anyway! Let me know what you think about the 25 & 26 codes.

As always, THANK YOU VERY much, in advance. Your help and insight is appreciated!!

Last edited by Meghanw1; 08-10-16 at 08:25 PM.