Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

help choosing wideband setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-16, 11:45 AM
scblackout
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help choosing wideband setup

It seems that the majority of the builds here use an aem uego wideband gauge to monitor the af. I see that there is a standard setup and also a failsafe version. As I am using the Ali-Sc3 + mapecu3 + flex fuel e85 setup, is it even worth spending the extra bit to get the failsafe? (still not sure how the failsafe operates)

As I do not plan on going with a standalone is the aem failsafe the best route for this setup?
I would appreciate having any ability of protecting the engine should something start to fail if that is even possible with a stock tt ecu.

I do see other brands than aem but have zero experience with what makes one setup better than another. It seems that most information is quite biased to whatever the user purchased, so really looking to find out what works best.

Are there other brands or setups worth looking into? Mostly just want to make sure the best possible setup is purchased for this build.

I remember watching a video possibly from real street that described the problems of using e85 and understanding the gauge as evidentially it seems the 'base' reading changes depending upon the fuel used. The video spoke of one measured in a different manner than the normal 14.x etc.. sorry still trying to get it all straight.