Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Did some exhaust work this morning

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-03, 09:07 AM
RTLEXSC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did some exhaust work this morning

Had the middle resonator removed and went true dual from the cats back.No X pipe for my baby. I kept the stock mufflers and the other 2 resonators near the mufflers on. Power increase? No doubt about it. Low end is stronger now. I could easily feel the difference as soon as I drove it.It's a little bit louder but not bad at all.If you drive normally you can't tell much but when you give her the gas it starts talking to you a little.Sounds pretty good for nothing more than this little mod,just a low rumble. I don't care about loud I just wanted to open up the exhaust and this did the trick. Cheap HP gains and a sportier sound. Now I will do the BFI so she can get some air.
Old 05-07-03, 08:48 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Exhaust

Glad to hear that, because I was thinking of doing the same. Can you post some pictures? I already did the BFI and it's great, and even better with the exhaust system improved. How much did it cost?
Old 05-07-03, 09:18 PM
lilnard85
Rookie

this may sound dum but what is the BFI. also,i did the samething to my exhaust till i can find and good exhaust system that i can afford it sounds great with the power on.
Old 05-08-03, 06:05 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by lilnard85
this may sound dum but what is the BFI. also,i did the samething to my exhaust till i can find and good exhaust system that i can afford it sounds great with the power on.
Its a modified OEM air box to allow more air through.

Stands for "Big Fu<king Intake"

Its on Peters website w/ instructions- its a DIY job.
Old 05-08-03, 07:29 PM
RTLEXSC
Rookie

Wink

Didn't get any pics ajay,it was a spur of the moment type deal. Just cruising around and went by a muffler shop and seen that they weren't very busy so pulled in.The charged $70.00 to remove that center resanator and replace it with 2 mandrel bent pipes.It's pretty straight forward and any muffler shop should be able to do this. It is now true dual exhaust.Still has the stock resanators and mufflers on.It doesn't feel nearly as sluggish now as it did before. It feels like the car went on a diet and lost about 400 Lbs. I was pleasantly surprised.