Twin TT Denso or Single Bosch 044 Pump - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Twin TT Denso or Single Bosch 044 Pump

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-15, 03:18 PM   #1
CatManD3W
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
CatManD3W's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SteelCity
Posts: 1,953
Default Twin TT Denso or Single Bosch 044 Pump

Guys im in the process of building out my fuel system and wanted some opinions..

I am going to run a single -8an feed up to engine and then split off to dual -6an to rail with a -6an return...

I already have 2 TT denso pumps.......is it a bad idea to run both full time....or should they be staged....

Or should I just get a single bosch 044....

I am looking for 20psi on pump with mapecu2 and id850cc injectors.....

I know that may be overkill for my current power goals....but I wanted to over build the fuel system in case I decide to run more PSI in the future
CatManD3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-15, 11:28 PM   #2
Deceptik1
Lead Lap
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: California
Posts: 665
Default

I'm actually upgrading my fuel system right now and am just adding an additional -6 line in addition to the stock feed line and running dual staged walbro 450 e85 pumps. A couple of the Supra guys local to me are running same setup and they're doing fine 700+hp. The -8 to dual -6 works as well and is a lot cleaner setup. If you decide to go twin denso, stage the pumps. Any reason why you don't want to go walbro 450? Bosch 44 is a great pump just a pain when you try to stuff another pump in the tank.
Deceptik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 11:46 AM   #3
CatManD3W
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
CatManD3W's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SteelCity
Posts: 1,953
Default

My intentions are to eliminate the factory lines and replace with all new braided......
CatManD3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 11:53 AM   #4
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: So Florida baby
Posts: 6,759
Default

Single walbro 416 pump will support upto 650 rwhp on e85and close to 900 on pump. One will suffice ..
lexforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 01:43 PM   #5
CatManD3W
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
CatManD3W's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SteelCity
Posts: 1,953
Default

Does anyone know the limitation on a single bosch 044 pump..I want to overbuild this fuel system

Last edited by CatManD3W; 11-24-15 at 01:50 PM.
CatManD3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 05:34 PM   #6
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (2)
 
HiPSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 929
Default

I think the question is generally if your plan is for e85 or pump gas / race gas? Most of the guys overkill their fuel setup to accommodate the need for e85 (30% more fuel consumption) but for pump gas / race gas I doubt all of that is necessary unless you are making serious power 800whp +.

The best way for dual pumps is to stage it, they make a hobbs switch for this or you can trigger it through an EMS. By staging the second pump you can keep the fuel from heating up and keep the base fuel pressure under control, plus its not really needed until you are at a higher injector duty cycle.

With fuel setups the more simple the better, its easy to over complicate it. I know the stock feed will support 550-600whp fyi. You could run the stock feed to one side of the rail, one pump, and add a 2nd pump, separate -6AN line following the stock feed to the other side of the rail, and return out the center of the rail. This was the way I was going to build mine and stage the 2nd pump / fuel line for higher boost. Make sure to delete the factory fuel dampener, this removes the only restriction in the line.

For 20psi on your setup I think that 550cc injectors will suffice, get maybe 650 / 660's if you want some breathing room. The limitation will be with the type of gas you are running not the fuel system.

Last edited by HiPSI; 11-24-15 at 05:41 PM.
HiPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 06:49 PM   #7
CatManD3W
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
CatManD3W's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SteelCity
Posts: 1,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPSI View Post
I think the question is generally if your plan is for e85 or pump gas / race gas? Most of the guys overkill their fuel setup to accommodate the need for e85 (30% more fuel consumption) but for pump gas / race gas I doubt all of that is necessary unless you are making serious power 800whp +.

The best way for dual pumps is to stage it, they make a hobbs switch for this or you can trigger it through an EMS. By staging the second pump you can keep the fuel from heating up and keep the base fuel pressure under control, plus its not really needed until you are at a higher injector duty cycle.

With fuel setups the more simple the better, its easy to over complicate it. I know the stock feed will support 550-600whp fyi. You could run the stock feed to one side of the rail, one pump, and add a 2nd pump, separate -6AN line following the stock feed to the other side of the rail, and return out the center of the rail. This was the way I was going to build mine and stage the 2nd pump / fuel line for higher boost. Make sure to delete the factory fuel dampener, this removes the only restriction in the line.

For 20psi on your setup I think that 550cc injectors will suffice, get maybe 650 / 660's if you want some breathing room. The limitation will be with the type of gas you are running not the fuel system.
I am building this fuel setup for the potential for later.....plus my intentions are to start tuning the mapecu on e85 at some point in the future...

From talking to most people I want to leave room to grow with the fuel system...i.e I do not want to have to redo it later down the road when I want more power....

Do it right the first time...IMO
CatManD3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 09:38 PM   #8
nuturf87
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManD3W View Post
I am building this fuel setup for the potential for later.....plus my intentions are to start tuning the mapecu on e85 at some point in the future...

From talking to most people I want to leave room to grow with the fuel system...i.e I do not want to have to redo it later down the road when I want more power....

Do it right the first time...IMO
Headroom is always good. 044 pump is claimed to be good for 700-800 on e and about 500 on pump gas on one tt denso . Everybody has had different experiences. If you go with dual tt, stage them. You can always run one pump for gas and both for e85. You can also split both pumps with a y adapter, and use a- 10an single feed. That's good for about 800.

Last edited by nuturf87; 12-07-15 at 09:49 PM.
nuturf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 09:54 PM   #9
nuturf87
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuturf87 View Post
Headroom is always good. 044 pump is claimed to be good for 700-800 on e and about 500 on pump gas on one tt denso . Everybody has had different experiences. If you go with dual tt, stage them. You can always run one pump for gas and both for e85. You can also split both pumps with a y adapter, and use a- 10an single feed. That's good for about 800.
What size injectors are you going to run? About 1000cc is most your gonna get away with the mapecu3 before running into driveability issues. Idle and cruising tuning are key for 1000cc and me3.
nuturf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 10:14 AM   #10
CatManD3W
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
CatManD3W's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SteelCity
Posts: 1,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuturf87 View Post
What size injectors are you going to run? About 1000cc is most your gonna get away with the mapecu3 before running into driveability issues. Idle and cruising tuning are key for 1000cc and me3.
Im looking at running 725cc or 850cc...
CatManD3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 10:41 AM   #11
CatManD3W
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
CatManD3W's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SteelCity
Posts: 1,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexforlife View Post
Single walbro 416 pump will support upto 650 rwhp on e85and close to 900 on pump. One will suffice ..
Will this pump work fine on factory wiring? i.e just swap out the denso pump for the 416
CatManD3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 12:18 PM   #12
nuturf87
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManD3W View Post
Im looking at running 725cc or 850cc...
Mapecu3 has a map for 850cc. You can go straight 850 or pull the trigger and get 1000cc. Your gonna be on e right? 1000's flow something like 95lbs or so depending on your fuel pressure. If you go 40psi on 1000's it will drop the flow down to about 95lbs. Just subtract -15% fuel across entire fuel map. Should get you into the ballpark. Still need to pay attention to idle and cruising cells. If you have questions on the mapecu3 let me know. I'm on the mapecu forum also. Look me up if you post in there. Whiz87
nuturf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 02:38 PM   #13
CatManD3W
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
CatManD3W's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SteelCity
Posts: 1,953
Default

I have mapecu 2....and to start im planning on running pump first...
CatManD3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 03:05 PM   #14
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ca
Posts: 815
Default

Go dual 460 walbro pumps and you will have plenty of pump. For now even one pump will do you good. I run two 340 pumps and making 750 on e85 no problem. 2000cc injector are at about 40% duty cycle if I remember correctly. so its got PLENTY of room left for more power. Also -8 single feed to -6 single return.

BTW I have a single Bosch pump on the bench and those things are loud as hell!
8052JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 03:13 PM   #15
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ca
Posts: 815
Default

Here is a pic of my custom hanger and fuel setup I made. Ill be swapping out the 340lph pumps soon for the 450/460 walbro pumps.

8052JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to sump/plumb fuel system (tank) for sc300? AlaskaUSA Performance & Maintenance 4 07-16-15 10:40 PM
My 13 Year OCD Build in the pursuit of perfection - GS300 twojayzee Build Threads 169 03-17-15 01:25 AM
CA fs: bosch 044 fuel pumps dsrkel SC400 / 300 Classifieds 0 06-25-14 09:56 PM
Building a fuel system for 800-900hp 97-SC300 Performance & Maintenance 45 06-24-14 09:27 AM
AL FS: 1994 Lexus GS300 2JZGTE, Billet 6765, Built Auto GoFastTSI Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 45 02-18-14 08:25 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved