Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jzgte to 2jzgte swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-15, 05:30 AM
supplepand
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jzgte to 2jzgte swap

Hey all, I'm still relatively new here but I have a 93 sc300 with a non vvti 1jz conerted to single hx35 turbo running on the factory ecu and wiring harness. Fuel pump mod and that stuff.

I'm removing the non vvti 1jz in favor of a vvti 2jzgte from an aristo, other than going to usdm twins, pretty much going to leave it factory.

So my question is, have any of you gone through this before? Anything weird or amazingly simple i should expect, I'm going to take out the 1j harness which is already hooked up like factory in which every single thing works body wise, and use the aristo harness or is that unnecessary? Should I just treat it like I'm swapping a 2jzgte into a non turbo car or is there some short cuts I can be aware of?

I know my radiator lines and intercooler piping is interchangeable as well as heater core lines and throttle cable... can't think of much other than extending the body harness on the 2j that would be of much hassle?
Old 07-28-15, 10:17 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

u cant just extend the 2jzgte body plugs, the body plugs dont match and the main harness is too short.. it needs the harness fully modified.. needs all the gte engine plugs and all the sc body plugs...