Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

what motor mounts do i need for 2jzgte vvti swap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-15, 08:53 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what motor mounts do i need for 2jzgte vvti swap?

I have been searching for the past hour and I found nothing solid other than the driver sibe is supposed to be the same but passenger is not so I bought the drift motion mounts and I have 95 sc300 brackets but I am being told these may not work?

any input from the guys who have done the 2jz vvti swap in to an early sc?

Thanks
Old 07-20-15, 05:25 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xspsi6
I have been searching for the past hour and I found nothing solid other than the driver sibe is supposed to be the same but passenger is not so I bought the drift motion mounts and I have 95 sc300 brackets but I am being told these may not work?

Thanks
This must not be a very common swap in to our chassis?
Old 07-21-15, 01:04 PM
estomax
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont see why it would not be the normal mounts, like sc300 mounts. my 1jz vvti uses same mounts as sc300. i am using the rubber supra mounts but sc300 brackets.
Old 07-21-15, 08:13 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Interesting, I know the na vvti uses different bolt locations I just assumed the qjzgte was the same way however I could be wrong?
Old 07-27-15, 02:41 PM
iBernie
Driver School Candidate

I used TT MK4 mounts on my SC, my brother used TT MK4 mounts on his MK4.
Old 07-28-15, 01:31 AM
shairacer
Driver School Candidate

You can use your sc mounts and brackets. That is what I used on my swap.
The following users liked this post:
spacedog (11-25-20)
Old 07-30-15, 07:13 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Ok thanks for the confirmation guys
Old 07-31-15, 03:48 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iBernie
I used TT MK4 mounts on my SC, my brother used TT MK4 mounts on his MK4.
did the same. You'll be fine.
Old 08-03-15, 09:11 AM
SZA
Pit Crew

Yeah, everyone is right, your existing SC mounts/bracket system will work just fine.

If you want to to upgrade, you can even use the 97-98 USDM Supra TT mounts. They have a metal casing on the outside and rubber internal that makes them stronger while still providing a smooth motor in place. Worthwhile upgrade to look into and it won't fall apart like your old crusty rubber mounts that probably need replacing now.
Old 08-03-15, 09:20 AM
InLyneTrbo
Pole Position

I used MK4 mounts as well
Old 11-15-18, 02:52 PM
706BUC
Driver School Candidate

Default Confirmation.

Originally Posted by xspsi6

Thanks
I am doing the same swap. I am putting a 2jzgte vvti twin turbo in my 93SC300 5sp. I'm a little confused about the answer they gave you. Were you able to use the stock aluminum motor mounts and rubber from the SC300 ?

Old 11-16-18, 02:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

use your sc300 motor brackets and mounts
Old 11-16-18, 10:51 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

^^ This. As Gerry states, swap over the cast block brackets and motor mounts from your original 93 SC300 2JZ-GE engine. It is the most foolproof way. Alternatively you can use the 97-98 Supra MKIV engine mounts with your 93 SC300 2JZ-GE brackets which is recommended for better rubber formulation. If you choose to do this, you will not re-use the extra metal plates that come on the very top of the factory SC300 engine mounts.

The Supra MKIV engine mounts to use with your original SC300 brackets are both P/N: 12360-46111 for RH and LH

Also, you may need to take a stone grinder wheel and remove two small non-structural protrusions on the underside of the SC300 engine bracket that goes on the exhaust side of the engine. This is if you are going to keep the GTE stock twin turbos at the time of installation. The reason I suggest this is because with the 2JZGTE stock twin turbo oil drain return setup you have one thick rubber hose that goes underneath the exhaust side engine bracket and consequently with some of the SC300 2JZ-GE brackets those tiny little underside protrusions can bump into that turbo drain hose and prevent a flush fitting of the bracket to the block. So the solution, since the little (non-structural) protrusions are just a part of the casting that identifies the year in which it was made, is to just grind it off smooth. THEN you can install the SC300 bracket on the exhaust side with the stock twin turbo oil drain system and have no issues.

If you will not be keeping the stock twin turbos at the time of your engine swap and/or your turbo oil drain pipe doesn't route underneath the exhaust side engine bracket then this shouldn't be an issue. But it cannot hurt to do once you have your original SC300 brackets off your old engine before you install them onto your GTE.

I covered that in two posts with pictures to illustrate:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ml#post9994185
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...l#post10241246

Last edited by KahnBB6; 11-16-18 at 10:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
holman97 (10-09-20)
Old 10-09-20, 01:43 AM
holman97
Driver School Candidate

Default Hey are you able to use the 1jzgte sc300 mounts for the 2jzgte-vvti?

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
^^ This. As Gerry states, swap over the cast block brackets and motor mounts from your original 93 SC300 2JZ-GE engine. It is the most foolproof way. Alternatively you can use the 97-98 Supra MKIV engine mounts with your 93 SC300 2JZ-GE brackets which is recommended for better rubber formulation. If you choose to do this, you will not re-use the extra metal plates that come on the very top of the factory SC300 engine mounts.

The Supra MKIV engine mounts to use with your original SC300 brackets are both P/N: 12360-46111 for RH and LH

Also, you may need to take a stone grinder wheel and remove two small non-structural protrusions on the underside of the SC300 engine bracket that goes on the exhaust side of the engine. This is if you are going to keep the GTE stock twin turbos at the time of installation. The reason I suggest this is because with the 2JZGTE stock twin turbo oil drain return setup you have one thick rubber hose that goes underneath the exhaust side engine bracket and consequently with some of the SC300 2JZ-GE brackets those tiny little underside protrusions can bump into that turbo drain hose and prevent a flush fitting of the bracket to the block. So the solution, since the little (non-structural) protrusions are just a part of the casting that identifies the year in which it was made, is to just grind it off smooth. THEN you can install the SC300 bracket on the exhaust side with the stock twin turbo oil drain system and have no issues.

If you will not be keeping the stock twin turbos at the time of your engine swap and/or your turbo oil drain pipe doesn't route underneath the exhaust side engine bracket then this shouldn't be an issue. But it cannot hurt to do once you have your original SC300 brackets off your old engine before you install them onto your GTE.

I covered that in two posts with pictures to illustrate:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ml#post9994185
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...l#post10241246
Hey are you able to use the 1jzgte sc300 mounts for the 2jzgte-vvti?

Old 10-09-20, 09:18 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by holman97
Hey are you able to use the 1jzgte sc300 mounts for the 2jzgte-vvti?

holman97, the main differences between the 1JZ and 2JZ blocks are deck height, piston bore and stroke. The mounting locations for the engine mount brackets are the same, so yes you can use 1991-2000 Z30 Toyota Soarer 1JZ-GTE engine mount brackets on a 2JZ-GTE Non or VVT-i block to fit into an SC300 or SC400 chassis.

These Soarer 1JZ-GTE engine mount brackets areidentical as far as mounting points to the SC300 2JZ-GE engine mount brackets.

Quick Reply: what motor mounts do i need for 2jzgte vvti swap?