Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MKIII 1jz Swap into SC300 (SEARCHED)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-15, 11:40 PM
s13erm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MKIII 1jz Swap into SC300 (SEARCHED)

Hey everyone looking for more info or input into this swap. I understand the Soarer 1jz is a direct swap in terms of wiring, but at this point they are becoming harder to source.
Fortunately (or unfortunately haha) a local importer has an MKIII front clip in stock (with R154). Everything would be there, so I'm assuming it'd be a matter of matching body plugs to the SC300 chassis. Still reading up on the main details, so forgive me for the vagueness of the details. I've searched all the forums and I can't find a clear guide or answer other than to send out. I've done a handful of swaps between Nissans, and Hondas, and other Toyotas so I feel like it's far from a hybrid swap
Please point me in the right direction and I'll be more than happy to document the progress!
Old 08-10-15, 10:10 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The body side of the harness has to be redone.. its not pNP.
Old 08-10-15, 01:36 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

yeah re-work of the body plugs and an extension will be required.

if you are going single-turbo and manual transmission you can also use a 2jzge harness and borrow the coilpack wiring from the 1jz harness. the car could run on a 2jzgte ecu once you upgrade the injectors. the cam, crank sensors and a couple other ones on the harness need to be moved to the new locations (some are just an unwrap of the harness and peel back but the crank wires need extended). the advantage is the body pugs plug right in, and you get full sequential fuel injection (1jz is batch fire) and a newer 2jz ecu that people like to install on 1jz's.

the reason I say single turbo cause if you do twins you will have to take all the stuff for the vsv's off the harness and for auto transmission same for that and at that point its easier to just use the 1j harness and do the body plugs.
Old 08-24-15, 11:41 PM
s13erm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
yeah re-work of the body plugs and an extension will be required.

if you are going single-turbo and manual transmission you can also use a 2jzge harness and borrow the coilpack wiring from the 1jz harness. the car could run on a 2jzgte ecu once you upgrade the injectors. the cam, crank sensors and a couple other ones on the harness need to be moved to the new locations (some are just an unwrap of the harness and peel back but the crank wires need extended). the advantage is the body pugs plug right in, and you get full sequential fuel injection (1jz is batch fire) and a newer 2jz ecu that people like to install on 1jz's.

the reason I say single turbo cause if you do twins you will have to take all the stuff for the vsv's off the harness and for auto transmission same for that and at that point its easier to just use the 1j harness and do the body plugs.
awesome thanks for the reply! Lucked out and ended up getting a good deal locally on a complete Soarer changeover with r154