Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Electrical Issues, Please shine some light

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-15, 09:11 PM
Abelo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Issues, Please shine some light

So guys i have a 91 toyota Soarer and ive got a few issues and would like some insight.

car has an aem V2 wired for sequential injection, aem 3.5 bar map, inline fuel pump, 5 or so gauges, greddy ebc, HID's, and some old compustar alarm system wired into the vehicle. Thats basically it for aftermarket things wired in.

My problem is my EFI relay (thats the one that turns on the fuel pump and gives power to the rest of the car????) is not seeing ignition power when i turn the key. my fuse box filled up with water one rain one day and since then its been buggered. i have jumped power to the relay and gotten the car to work. so i know the fuse box is good. what wire should i be looking for from ignition that would be the issue.

That area underneath the steering wheel/kicker panel is an absolute rats nest. i want to remove my car starter but dont even know where to start? any insight would be great!!

Also another issue my tps is not responding properly in my AEM v2 tuner program, should i just replace the tps or is there something else i should check first?
Old 05-18-15, 07:24 PM
Abelo
Driver

bump!! anybody? all my fuses and relays are good!!

when i turn the key on i get power to everything in the car. except my fuel pump doesn't turn on and the motor wont even crank unless i jump power to my fuse box in the engine
Old 05-18-15, 09:31 PM
estomax
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you gotta follow the wiring diagram for the EFI relay if that is the one that is not coming on. do you have the FSM? go to the wiring diagrams and dig through there, ask a more specific question once you have done the first layer of sleuthing because right now you are asking a very broad question.

i sent you a pm.

Marko
Old 05-24-15, 08:57 PM
Abelo
Driver

thanks marko!

i put a new battery into my key and cycled the lock and unlock buttons on the car starter system in case it was immobilized. i also hooked up a battery charger and the car now cranks but i have no power to my fuel pumps, my engine fuse box has power, i guess either the efi isn't receiving power or its not putting power out. ive switched it out with 3 other efi relays and no change.

this week i am going to trace the wires to the efi and see what happens.
Old 06-01-15, 09:21 PM
Abelo
Driver

Okay update time.

I realized I am an idiot and did not put the main 60 amp fuse back in now everything works fine. So the car starts and revs fine, tps seems to be responding properly.

The car dies if not kept above 1000 rpm. I believe the issue is the map sensor, it records an error on my laptop when running the aem software. The sensor ground is not showing continuity to the frame, it's grounded though the ecur. What could cause an aem 3.5 bar map to not respond properly?