Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ABS delete question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-15, 11:41 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default ABS delete question.

Would like to delete the ABS on my 95 sc300. From during research I found out all I need is to run two lines from the Brake MC. One for the rear brakes (Already Teed off on the fire fire wall underaneath the MC) and another line and a 'T' fitting for the front brake lines.

Would I be able to use the existing hard lines and bend/manupulate them to work? Also, what size 'T' fitting do I need for the front hard lines?
Old 05-11-15, 05:01 PM
bigwhite
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the brakes and suspension sub-forumn and search abs delete. There is a couple of threads devoted to this.
Old 05-11-15, 08:15 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

I have^^^^^, but I can't seem to find anyone who used their existing hard lines.
Old 05-11-15, 09:25 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe it's M10 x1.25.

I had to order T-Fittings online from Technafit.
Old 05-11-15, 09:44 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ihiryu
I believe it's M10 x1.25.

I had to order T-Fittings online from Technafit.

Awesome, thanks.
Old 05-12-15, 07:36 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Get t splitter from a corolla, celica, and some camrys from the junk yard.
Old 05-12-15, 09:38 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is no way that you can use the existing hardlines. maybe the passenger side if you extend it just right but other than that, they all have to be custom. also, dont remember if i bought m10x1.25 or m10x1.5 but i do believe it was m10x1.5 fittings.
Old 05-13-15, 09:54 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by grumpi300
there is no way that you can use the existing hardlines. maybe the passenger side if you extend it just right but other than that, they all have to be custom. also, dont remember if i bought m10x1.25 or m10x1.5 but i do believe it was m10x1.5 fittings.
how is there no way to do it? all the lines are so close together is it really not possible with T fittings?
Old 05-15-15, 07:59 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oldManTan
how is there no way to do it? all the lines are so close together is it really not possible with T fittings?
That's what I was thinking.
Old 05-16-15, 05:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by grumpi300
Originally Posted by oldManTan
Originally Posted by joe diego
I have^^^^^, but I can't seem to find anyone who used their existing hard lines.
You can, I didn't want to spend money on lines that will be hidden anyway so I used existing lines. You just have to move them around (meaning correct length of line to the right place ) and be creative on bending them. I did it on my Red Mamba .

Go through my build thread, car with black themed engine bay has abs delete and just re used existing lines.

EDIT :

on this page you will see the existing lines I re-used.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-toys-176.html

Last edited by gerrb; 05-16-15 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-16-15, 02:58 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
You can, I didn't want to spend money on lines that will be hidden anyway so I used existing lines. You just have to move them around (meaning correct length of line to the right place ) and be creative on bending them. I did it on my Red Mamba .

Go through my build thread, car with black themed engine bay has abs delete and just re used existing lines.

EDIT :

on this page you will see the existing lines I re-used.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-toys-176.html
Great news, thanks. This is going to save me some money.
Just read through that page, beautiful work btw, but I can't seem to find what T fitting size you used.

I am getting different answers, but I stil do not know what size to use.
Old 05-16-15, 05:06 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Great news, thanks. This is going to save me some money.
Just read through that page, beautiful work btw, but I can't seem to find what T fitting size you used.

I am getting different answers, but I stil do not know what size to use.
thank you

for my case, I just took out the T-fitting on my parts SC that separates the left and right rear brake lines . It was more of a Y fitting actually. Well again, I didn't want to spend where I know I can use what I have. So I used that Y fitting to separate the two front break lines.
Old 05-16-15, 07:20 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
thank you

for my case, I just took out the T-fitting on my parts SC that separates the left and right rear brake lines . It was more of a Y fitting actually. Well again, I didn't want to spend where I know I can use what I have. So I used that Y fitting to separate the two front break lines.
Ok... But if you used the rears 'Y' fitting for the front brake lines what did you use for the rears? Maybe I'm missing something.
Old 05-16-15, 07:25 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Ok... But if you used the rears 'Y' fitting for the front brake lines what did you use for the rears? Maybe I'm missing something.
sorry for not being very clear...

I have two other SCs that I bought as parts car to get what I want or needed for my 4 SCs
Old 05-17-15, 11:46 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just buy both sizes and return the ones you don't need. m10x1.5 and m10x1.25, although I still believe its 1.5. anyways, I guess you can but it just looks messier than with the abs there in the first place, lines going everywhere. that's why I did mine the right way and made new lines for the front and just made a new short one for the rear brakes. make sure you remove all your wheel speed sensors too as they are only used for the abs system, since you are not using it anymore I suggest removing the wheel speed sensors, computer which is right under the glove box and whatever fuses and relays power it so the light doesn't stay on on the dashboard.

Quick Reply: ABS delete question.