Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc300 Na-t build

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-15, 01:18 PM
funknstein
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking sc300 Na-t build

Hey guys I've been reading a lot on here and club Na-t and Ive finally decided to slap a turbo on my 2jzge 93 sc300 but... I can't decide whether 1. I should buy the xs power turbo kit 2. Buy the driftmotion 6765 turbo and the CX intercooler kit or 3. Piece one together which consists of a Borg warner s300sx3 turbo (320-800hp which is in my HP goal range) and a treadstone is300 manifold. Ima run 5/6psi until I get my standalone and all other goodies to turn up boost in October. What setup are you guys running? And so far the only problems I've read of the treadstone manifold were to cut exhaust studs since their to big. Are there any more I should worry about? Thanks
Old 04-08-15, 01:22 PM
N1T3MARE
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you seen the FTG Motorsports 2jz-ge turbo kit on eBay?
Old 04-08-15, 01:46 PM
funknstein
Driver School Candidate

Ill check it out but aren't eBay turbo kits not good?
Old 04-08-15, 04:18 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The critical parts are questionable like the turbo units, the wastegate, etc. But everything else is a good starter. If you have time, you can piece together your own stuff like when someone has a part out or something and get quality name brand stuff used.
Old 04-08-15, 04:24 PM
funknstein
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I'm thinking of piecing one since I'm not really in a hurry. I was thinking either cxracing manifold or the treadstone manifold but I'm not sure if I will have issues with it since its a is and not sc
Old 04-09-15, 03:24 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Key to Na-t longevity and reliability is using quality parts and a solid way to control timing and solid overboost protection
Old 04-09-15, 09:36 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
Key to Na-t longevity and reliability is using quality parts and a solid way to control timing and solid overboost protection
Good to know. I just purchased a kit and I'm on the same mission. I NEED reliability and longevity above all!
Old 04-09-15, 10:23 AM
funknstein
Driver School Candidate

Lexforlife- Yeah no doubt about that. And since its going to be my daily I NEED reliability. I'm going to buy later today a Dave h kit off a member here. Then its off to buying a EBC, IC piping and a lower wastegate spring to run low boost until I get my standalone
Studiogeek- What kit did you purchase?
Old 04-09-15, 10:50 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

dont bother installing it till you get your standalone. running low boost does not help with the stock ecu.
it freaks out as soon as you cross 0 psi it doesn't understand why and starts swinging the fuel trims around.
if you happen to build boost without having the throttle more than 80% down on the stock ecu it will freak out badly and likely detonate as anytime you are not flooring it its in closed loop adjusting fuel trims. happened alot to me whenever going uphill the car will want to make boost and the ecu just goes bonkers.
These motors get into boost surprisingly easy/quickly so you have been warned its not a good idea.. lol
Old 04-09-15, 11:12 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

If you're not in a rush I would piece everything together over the next few months. If I could do it again that's the route I would take. Kits are convenient no doubt, but only if you're in a hurry. Between here and supra forums you'll have everything you need without cutting corners by the end of summer. Just check the classifieds weekly or more and you'll be set. Are you starting a build thread as you compile parts? Cuz ya should
Old 04-09-15, 01:12 PM
funknstein
Driver School Candidate

Ali- not even 5psi 😭? So ima have to run a piggyback if I want low boost?
Kris- I would have done that too but I already gave mekoz my word on buying that kit. Definitely starting a build thread! I'm a noob and don't really know that much but enough to get by haha.
Old 04-09-15, 05:33 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by funknstein
Ali- not even 5psi ��? So ima have to run a piggyback if I want low boost?
Kris- I would have done that too but I already gave mekoz my word on buying that kit. Definitely starting a build thread! I'm a noob and don't really know that much but enough to get by haha.
Fair enough. Well I would take the "TT ECU mod" route with the engine management unless you're hoping for upwards/over 450hp.. What all is included with this kits you're getting? Do you have a link to its for sale thread? I'll check it out and see if we cant get a few ideas of what is missing or what imperative parts need to be replaced etc etc.. Either way, sounds like youre headed in the right direction, just be careful on jumping the gun on purhchases before you've fully researched them in the future
Old 04-09-15, 07:08 PM
funknstein
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Fair enough. Well I would take the "TT ECU mod" route with the engine management unless you're hoping for upwards/over 450hp.. What all is included with this kits you're getting? Do you have a link to its for sale thread? I'll check it out and see if we cant get a few ideas of what is missing or what imperative parts need to be replaced etc etc.. Either way, sounds like youre headed in the right direction, just be careful on jumping the gun on purhchases before you've fully researched them in the future
Yes sir the link is- https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...wires-etc.html . My main power goal shall be high 600 low 700 WHP. So I would rather wait until I get a standalone. I do research on everything before I buy haha
Old 04-10-15, 12:53 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

you can make 6-700 on the gte ecu with a simple map ecu and 800cc injectors. lots have done it.
a standalone is not the answer to everything, but surely it will allow you to tune for those combo's as well.

no not even 1 psi for the stock ecu. as soon as you hit 1 psi it starts richening up the fuel trims and pulling timing cause it doesn't know where all that air comes from, then you either push the pedal down and go into boost with way too rich fuel trims, or you let off and idle rich and then the ecu will swing to lean it out and then it idles half the time at 17 AFR which is scary and you never know what its going to do in boost after the first time that happens. like I said it happens just going up hill. I would love to tell you you could enjoy 2 psi on the stock ecu but the truth is you would have to ignore how horrible it runs and how much power you are loosing and the hurt you are causing the motor and maybe squint some, and then maybe just maybe you could hold a straight face while you say "it drives ok".

I pretty much tried every piggyback and almost sold the car cause I couldn't drive it with the stock ecu to work, until I dropeed like 2k for a standalone and tune and it was working but drove like crap cause my tuner didn't do a great job. I got like 2 retunes, learnt to tune myself, got the car running and driving almost like stock again eccept bosting right, and the standalone was still being picky at times.

since going with the supra ecu and a map ecu I have not had any problems tune wise yet, have not had to pull out a laptop once except for playing with the map ecu (it was an ornament in my car when I had the standalone it was literally necessary to have at times), and with this ecu the simple piggybacks can get you into the 600+hp range, i have read of a guy using 1000cc injectors with the jdm ecu on a map ecu even, I prob wouldn';t push it that much but 660cc-800 should be fine for gte ecu + good piggyback.
Old 04-10-15, 03:01 PM
funknstein
Driver School Candidate

I'll have to research more on the GTE ECU then since I always heard that going standalone is always better. If I can get to low 700's at the wheel then I'll go GTE ecu and piggyback. I'm assuming it'll be better cash wise also. Tuning I might have to do myself if I can't find a good reputable tuner near me. How complicated is it? Ive read alpha is like the go to guy for tuning

Quick Reply: sc300 Na-t build