Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need Urgent Help With Anti-Theft System

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-15, 03:49 PM
Durvelle27
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Urgent Help With Anti-Theft System

I've been stuck for a few hours as i can't get the Anti-theft to disarm. I have tried using master key in both doors to unlock and lock but it hasn't disarmed. Which is causing everything to work (dash, lights, accs, etc.) but car won't start or turnover at all.

need help
Old 03-17-15, 09:13 AM
Durvelle27
Driver

Someone. Really need help as I can't figure it out.
Old 03-18-15, 12:49 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Is it this issue?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...e-doesn-t.html

If the sensors on both door locks are shot, or there are wiring issues from that point forward, then unlocking either door wouldn't disarm the alarm. My driver's door sensor was bad and I had to unlock from the passenger side to disarm it.

If you put the key in the ignition with the alarm going off, it activates the kill switch. Lexus' reasoning on that baffles me ... two wrongs definitely don't make a right.
Old 03-18-15, 09:39 AM
Durvelle27
Driver

Originally Posted by t2d2
Is it this issue?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...e-doesn-t.html

If the sensors on both door locks are shot, or there are wiring issues from that point forward, then unlocking either door wouldn't disarm the alarm. My driver's door sensor was bad and I had to unlock from the passenger side to disarm it.

If you put the key in the ignition with the alarm going off, it activates the kill switch. Lexus' reasoning on that baffles me ... two wrongs definitely don't make a right.
I can disable the alarm from either door but it sometimes doesn't disable the kill switch
Old 03-18-15, 10:01 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Unless you're really, really good with electrical, I'd suggest taking it to a car stereo shop and have them try to trace down the signal. That stuff is damn hard to diagnose, especially over the internet.
Old 03-18-15, 01:43 PM
Durvelle27
Driver

Alright thanks. I'll call around and see if any shops can diagnose the problem.
Old 03-19-15, 07:22 PM
ScOneLove
Driver School Candidate

Make sure that your car doesnt have a aftermarket alarm in it, if so you'll waste forever like I did trying to figure out why I couldnt disable the alarm issue from the car manual, after coming to relieze there was a aftermarket alarm in after all and I wasted tons of time thinking it was a stock alarm
Old 03-19-15, 07:54 PM
Durvelle27
Driver

It's definitely the stock anti-theft/alarm system
Old 03-25-15, 04:37 PM
Durvelle27
Driver

Happened again. Was told the Anti-theft Computer may be going bad. Is it possible to replace it myself without going to a dealer ?
Old 03-25-15, 09:36 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

my car never starts with the key for some reason. i'm guessing when by battery died entirely the system got messed up. i'm simply subscribing if you figure something out.
Old 03-30-15, 10:17 AM
Durvelle27
Driver

Originally Posted by oldManTan
my car never starts with the key for some reason. i'm guessing when by battery died entirely the system got messed up. i'm simply subscribing if you figure something out.
I still haven't figured it out. It did it again today.
Old 04-01-15, 03:55 PM
Durvelle27
Driver

Originally Posted by Durvelle27
Happened again. Was told the Anti-theft Computer may be going bad. Is it possible to replace it myself without going to a dealer ?
^^^Could someone answer this
Old 04-01-15, 11:19 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Unfortunately, I think the silence is the answer to your question. When it comes to the security system in these cars, there's very little in the way of a troubleshooting knowledge base. The system is either too smart or too dumb for its own good. I can't decide which.

The ECU in question doesn't look terribly easy to get to, being right above the steering column. But, maybe you can access it by taking out the gauge cluster? Then it's just a matter of crossing your fingers and hoping that there's no compatibility issue with anti-theft ECUs from different cars. It wouldn't make sense that there would be, since it's not like an external key fob that needs to be coded to the ECU.
Attached Thumbnails Need Urgent Help With Anti-Theft System-ecu-locations.jpg  
Old 04-02-15, 05:30 AM
Durvelle27
Driver

Originally Posted by t2d2
Unfortunately, I think the silence is the answer to your question. When it comes to the security system in these cars, there's very little in the way of a troubleshooting knowledge base. The system is either too smart or too dumb for its own good. I can't decide which.

The ECU in question doesn't look terribly easy to get to, being right above the steering column. But, maybe you can access it by taking out the gauge cluster? Then it's just a matter of crossing your fingers and hoping that there's no compatibility issue with anti-theft ECUs from different cars. It wouldn't make sense that there would be, since it's not like an external key fob that needs to be coded to the ECU.
I can get to it by removing the gauge cluster. I just wanted to make sure I could replace it before buying another one.
Old 04-02-15, 09:29 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Durvelle27
I can get to it by removing the gauge cluster. I just wanted to make sure I could replace it before buying another one.
That isn't what you asked. "Is it possible to replace it myself without going to a dealer ?" That implies you were looking to replace it one way or the other and were wondering if you could do it yourself. If you know it's accessible, then it's a no-brainer to swap it out and see what happens. What are your alternatives?

Quick Reply: Need Urgent Help With Anti-Theft System