Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ECU - Climate Control - Needles & Backlighting

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-15, 09:13 PM
jomosc400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400slide
Yeah, just searched and found that it is a pigtail connector. Thats what you want.

So just needing to purchase the 1, Slide? btw, thanks for investing your time to help me through this. I appreciate it.
Old 03-08-15, 10:04 AM
unknown101
Driver School Candidate

let me know when u figure it out...im currently having the same issue.
Old 03-10-15, 04:16 PM
COTech
Driver School Candidate

My ECU came back from Tanin and the rebuild has cleared the knock sensor code. I didn't get any feedback from them on whether I had any other leaking caps but the car runs great. Now if I can get that rumbling front end taken care of I'll be golden.
Old 03-11-15, 07:25 PM
unknown101
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by COTech
My ECU came back from Tanin and the rebuild has cleared the knock sensor code. I didn't get any feedback from them on whether I had any other leaking caps but the car runs great. Now if I can get that rumbling front end taken care of I'll be golden.
How much did u pay for the rebuild??? And is it a full rebuild?? And can I get the link to tanning?? Thanks
Old 03-11-15, 07:41 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Tanin...

Full rebuild is the only rebuild on ECU's.

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/1...ecu_repair.htm
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 03-11-15, 07:44 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Originally Posted by COTech
Yes, multiple caps were badly leaking.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 03-12-15, 08:39 AM
unknown101
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
Tanin...

Full rebuild is the only rebuild on ECU's.

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/1...ecu_repair.htm
How long is does it take?
Old 03-12-15, 08:41 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Originally Posted by unknown101
How long is does it take?
"6) Your item is generally repaired the same day it is received and returned via USPS First Class (3-5 day), Priority (1-3 day), or FedEx Ground (1-6 day). We can ship your item back overnight or faster for an additional cost."
Old 03-14-15, 11:35 AM
unknown101
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jomosc400
So I received my ECU, Climate, & Dash Cluster today. Scrambled to my mechanic before he closed up shop today and had him do the re-installation of all three.

Wow! What a difference. I'll post pics shortly.

ONTO THE ISSUE!

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

On the advise of people on this forum, I sent my ECU to Tanin for servicing. My 93' SC400 has been throwing a CEL - 52. (knock sensor)

In this order, Here's what's been replaced. o2 sensors - (x's 2) Jan 2014 & Jan 2015, Plugs, Wires, Cap & rotors. ECU Service - Jan & Feb 2015.

Yet the CEL remains........ Can ANYONE help? I'm drowning here. Is it in fact time to replace the knock sensors out & take my chances?

ALSO
Can someone tell me how to get the airbag light on my dash to turn off. It came on after the re-installation.

Thanks for reading.
Hey my 92 lexus sc300 has been throwing a code 52 knock sensor for the longest..but I think I finally fixed it...usually I drive for like 5 min...and the cel pop right up..but after countless hours of research I made a new wire from an rg58 cable to the plug and the ecu and it worked...no more cel....After that..so I figure maybe my plug to the knock sensor isn't working..so I just made a cheap pigtail and ran it to the wire knock sensor wire..and it seems to work the same
Old 03-15-15, 04:55 AM
unknown101
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSXMike
I don't understand how you guys are having so many issues with the wires to your knock sensor. What is it that you are doing that damages the wires? Is it just from old age?

If you are getting a knock sensor code it might also be wise to replace your knock sensors, they don't last forever.

These cars are old, parts wear out, it's just a fact of life. If you replace knock sensors and the code is still there then it could be ECU capacitors that need replacing. If it's not that then it could be the actual wiring in the engine wiring harness that is old and needs replacing because it has gone though so many heat cycles and had so much current passed through it which wears out the metal wire after twenty some years.
Don't no what the previous owner did..but when I bought the car already had a cel..turn out to be a bad connector to the knock sensor...I recommend test that out first before buying a knock sensor..
Old 03-25-15, 06:04 PM
jomosc400
Rookie

It's been awhile since I've given an update on this thread regarding my code 52 issue, I had some time tonight so I figured I would give some more input to this thread.

Starting off, I feel that I should start by saying the picture of the previous harness pictured in this thread (82219-07010)

is the incorrect harness for the SC400. There are 2 pigtails coming off (pictured) on the SC400, there are actually 3 pigtails.(82219-50010) as pictured

So here's the issue. Part # (82219-50010) is a discontinued item.
I did manage to find another location for this item online at http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/l...219-50010.html
So I will be purchasing it in hopes that when I do install it my code 52 problem will go away. Today, my mechanic noticed the differences in the harnesses by peeking in the side, thankfully we didn't remove the intake before learning this. (pictured below)

This is a lengthy reply, with quite a few pictures, but I want the "Next Guy" having this problem with code 52 to have all the information needed and hopefully it will help. I have no idea if this damn harness is going to fix the problem or not, but it's the next step that I'm taking to hopefully get the problem resolved.
Old 03-25-15, 06:07 PM
jomosc400
Rookie

If there is a moderator that could clean up this thread & remove posts #15 through 18, it would be less confusing to future readers. just a suggestion. thank you.
Old 03-25-15, 06:12 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jomosc400
If there is a moderator that could clean up this thread & remove posts #15 through 18, it would be less confusing to future readers. just a suggestion. thank you.
Done. Good to see you found the correct harness. Post the outcome!
Old 04-01-15, 08:55 AM
jomosc400
Rookie

Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.
Old 04-01-15, 08:57 AM
jomosc400
Rookie

Looks like it's back to the drawing board. Not sure which direction I can take this in now. Debating if I should just cut my losses and sell .

Quick Reply: ECU - Climate Control - Needles & Backlighting