Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help with 1jz cut wires/hoses?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-15, 03:24 PM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 1jz cut wires/hoses?

Hey guys, I been out of the game for awhile. I purchased my sc300 for my fiance about two years ago, and finally decided to start building it. I bought this 1jz online, everything looks really good and has a warranty, but there are a few cut hoses and loose wires and i am not sure what they go to or what they are for. So if anyone has any ideas or knows what they are, i would greatly appreciate the help.

These 5 wires are connected to the ecu harness, but i dont see any places for them to go to in the plugs.

this hose is underneath the waterpump

vacuum line in the middle that goes up to the manifold

another cut hose

cut hose on the manifold

two green wires and the hose underneath it.

Again, im a noob at this. So i have no idea, ive tried to do research on it, but cant find specifics on what they are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-22-15, 05:24 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a heater hose

This is to the brake booster

These 2 wires are for a connector to the power steering rack, you wil need to extened it to the driver side since these motors are in a rhd can and there conector is on the pasanger side.

Old 01-22-15, 07:13 AM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

oh man, thanks so much golden. That helps ALOT. what about those funky 5 ecu wires? my buddy said last night that they may go to the chassis harness.
Old 01-22-15, 10:21 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Moved to Performance and Maintenance.
they probably went to a body plug (to the chassis harness) and they probably just cut them off because they couldn't get the plug off easily.

The second picture that's the power steering lines one side will go to the pump and the other side to the side of the power steering reservoir.

the vacuum line its hard to say without seeing which nipple on the manifold its coming off of.
looks like there are 2 of them. the one with the check line might be for the evap system.
in fact both of them could be for the evap system, one line coming off the throttle body usually has a check valve and another vacuum line that goes to a vsv then those lines are teed and go to the charcoal tank (factory setup) usually it can vary some I would try and find the vacuum diagram hood sticker for that motor it will make it a ton easier. you can also just remove all the unecessary stuff depending on if you have to get it tested.
Old 01-22-15, 02:38 PM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Moved to Performance and Maintenance.
they probably went to a body plug (to the chassis harness) and they probably just cut them off because they couldn't get the plug off easily.

The second picture that's the power steering lines one side will go to the pump and the other side to the side of the power steering reservoir.

the vacuum line its hard to say without seeing which nipple on the manifold its coming off of.
looks like there are 2 of them. the one with the check line might be for the evap system.
in fact both of them could be for the evap system, one line coming off the throttle body usually has a check valve and another vacuum line that goes to a vsv then those lines are teed and go to the charcoal tank (factory setup) usually it can vary some I would try and find the vacuum diagram hood sticker for that motor it will make it a ton easier. you can also just remove all the unecessary stuff depending on if you have to get it tested.
Sorry about that -

I see. Thanks a lot man, that helps so much. Where my car is registered i dont have to do any smogging or testing whatsoever. So do you think i can just cap it?

With the chassis harness, i should just be able to see what is missing from the 2jzge harness right? and just solder the plug(s) back on?
Old 01-23-15, 12:17 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

if you have a legit soarer harness/motorset then the body plugs should be similar I think so yeah.
If its a chaser motorset/harness not so much.
Old 01-23-15, 12:46 PM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

yea, it is a rear sump soarer set. I found another weird wire that was cut off the main harness, ill post it when i get off work and see if you or anyone else knows what it is too. I didnt notice it before.
Old 01-23-15, 06:37 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Are all your body plugs intact? good thing your motorset came with a map sensor.
Old 01-23-15, 06:50 PM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Golden95SC
Are all your body plugs intact? good thing your motorset came with a map sensor.
I think so. The plugs that are on the harness not connected to the ecu right? Why is it a good thing its map?
Old 01-26-15, 09:48 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I think he means its a good thing that they didn't take it off and keep it or sell it separately. all too often they go "missing" along with things like the ignitor etc..
Old 01-26-15, 10:29 AM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I think he means its a good thing that they didn't take it off and keep it or sell it separately. all too often they go "missing" along with things like the ignitor etc..
ahhh i got you, i guess i read that wrong..

The motor is missing the speed sensor, I called them and they are going to try and source one and replace it for me.

I ran into another problem though, I was doing research on the motor and some people said that the throttle cable is too short, others said it fit fine, mine is too short. Is there a way you are supposed to make it fit? or do i have to buy a different cable?
Old 01-30-15, 04:19 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Yea exactly Ali

99.9% of shops won't include it and won't even tell you about it missing. Happend to me and another 150$ later I wasn't happy.

As for the throttle cable you use a Camry throttle cable from like a 95 or something. I have a spare in n my garage some were from when I did mine.
Old 01-31-15, 09:39 AM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Think i could buy it off you golden? Or what do you think about cutting and extending the cable with the old cable ?
Old 01-31-15, 01:34 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

ya I can sell it you send me a pm with your number and il go look for it
Old 02-03-15, 12:51 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

the Camry cable is the best way to go its inexpensive and will be bolt on, i think you want the 4 cylinder one but there are part numbers floating around to be sure.