Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Proefi48 vs mapecu2 vs aem v2

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-14, 11:13 AM
Knuckleup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oumar, I'll txt you here shortly brother!
Old 11-04-14, 11:29 AM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Originally Posted by Knuckleup
You will use a universal pinout (provided by ProEFI), and bump it against the factory pinout for the car (which you can download off the web).

I wired my ProEFI 1jz setup using the pinout from ProEFI and the pinout I printed offline for the 1jz in about 3/4 of a day.
Ok cool I still have to extend my harness haven't even started on it yet
Old 11-04-14, 11:36 AM
Knuckleup
Driver

If that's the case I would do it all in one shot. Take the harness out, extend it, and wire in the ProEFI plugs and sensors. It will be a lot easier doing it outside the car.
Old 11-04-14, 12:13 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SC42
I like the 48 for a budget build 500-600hp , it's very capable! With G35/350Z you get have traction control with the 48 thru the Can Bus!!

Ali you are correct!! Another reason why I like the Proefi over all these ems, is once you are tune you don't need to look at your gauge and you don't need 7 gauges only, you only need one that will monitor 30/40 different channels.
You can drive from Washington DC to Arizona without looking at your gauge , Ecu does everything automatically...Worst case scenario it will turn the car off before you blow the motor.
I cannot tell you guys how much I love this ecu, Again I came from an aem back ground.. Ali remember those days lol.

I would run a 48 before a put an aem in my car again..

48 will only workS on manual car.

Knuckeup hit me up , we need to catch up, it's been awhile!
Oh yes I remember those days even though I try to forget all the aem stuff.
I like the sound of the pro-efi ecu's if you like it that is enough for me I would def try one.
I like how the boost control and safety stuff is so integrated, its like the stuff that comes in the Audi's and BMW's finally getting to our cars where ecu monitors everything and it actually does something to help instead of just displaying it to you *cough* aem *cough*.
I would say batch injection is still much better than being limited to wasted spark, so I would try a pro efi 48 over the aem v1 but its still something to be aware of.

1jz and 7m both make good power off of batch injection so its not a big deal really.
I run wasted spark but I would not want to be limited to it, I would want a lq9 setup in full sequential on a standalone.
Old 11-04-14, 12:39 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Originally Posted by Knuckleup
If that's the case I would do it all in one shot. Take the harness out, extend it, and wire in the ProEFI plugs and sensors. It will be a lot easier doing it outside the car.
Yea that's what I plan on doing do it all at once .. I email the people at proefi they said I wouldn't have to run the injectors batched like the 1jz but I'll have to run them semi-sequential. So pairs of two injectors per driver, firing once every 720 degrees.... Now I am new to all this ... What is the difference between batched and semi sequential ?
Old 11-04-14, 12:51 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://proefi.com/info/wp-content/up...bo-Release.pdf

Sequential is like individual where batch is 2 injectors firing, so it's almost like you have 3injectors on the car

Look at the pinout.

Last edited by 99SC42; 11-04-14 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 02:04 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Yeah so in batched you just have the fuel compressed in one of the cylinders on time and one a little earlier than it should be. its not as perfect as spraying it on time every time, but it does get the fuel in there and the job done most will not tell the difference. arguably it heats up the fuel for the second cylinder a little more so if you are making ridiculous power it could be a concern but generally its not a dealbreaker. I probably pay too much attention to the details but I know what I like!!
Old 11-13-14, 12:03 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

http://proefi.com/info/wp-content/up...bo-Release.pdf

Sequential is like individual where batch is 2 injectors firing, so it's almost like you have 3injectors on the car

Look at the pinout.
hey when i was talking to the guy from proefi he was telling me that you got your ecu tuned via internet
Old 11-13-14, 02:10 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Originally Posted by monkeyboy8
hey when i was talking to the guy from proefi he was telling me that you got your ecu tuned via internet
Yes sir remote tuning via TeamViewer, it took a little long for me because I was operating the dyno, driving the car while on the dyno, logging at the same time and the pos laptop my friend had was slow *** hell and it was windows 8, Proefi love windows 7.

It was the best tune and tuning session ever!! Errol at TPS in Florida tuned the car. In my opinion the best tuner I have ever dealt with.

Everything he said the car was going to do , it did! power, tq, everything.

It started and ran like a bone stock SC till turbo starts whining at 2k rpm.

He calls me the very next day after the car was done , and I said Errol car is badass but I almost killed myself on the way home last night, traction control wasn't working overtime for some reason... I was in a restaurant with my friend eating lunch and 10mins later he calls me back and said " I just sent you a new file, I've tightened up your TC since you are making more power now, flash it , take it out and let me know how it goes, Oh and you will know when its working , it will back fire , shoot flames out of the exhaust when its working overtime!" let me know .
I can't tell you enough story about this guy, Most honest tuner ive ever dealt with. He is the only person that will ever touch my cars or friend cars .
He showed me how to use and navigate through the software all this happened through the Phone, I have never met the guy in my life.
Old 11-13-14, 05:28 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

Yes sir remote tuning via TeamViewer, it took a little long for me because I was operating the dyno, driving the car while on the dyno, logging at the same time and the pos laptop my friend had was slow *** hell and it was windows 8, Proefi love windows 7.

It was the best tune and tuning session ever!! Errol at TPS in Florida tuned the car. In my opinion the best tuner I have ever dealt with.

Everything he said the car was going to do , it did! power, tq, everything.

It started and ran like a bone stock SC till turbo starts whining at 2k rpm.

He calls me the very next day after the car was done , and I said Errol car is badass but I almost killed myself on the way home last night, traction control wasn't working overtime for some reason... I was in a restaurant with my friend eating lunch and 10mins later he calls me back and said " I just sent you a new file, I've tightened up your TC since you are making more power now, flash it , take it out and let me know how it goes, Oh and you will know when its working , it will back fire , shoot flames out of the exhaust when its working overtime!" let me know .
I can't tell you enough story about this guy, Most honest tuner ive ever dealt with. He is the only person that will ever touch my cars or friend cars .
He showed me how to use and navigate through the software all this happened through the Phone, I have never met the guy in my life.
Sweet !! I think I will give him a call tomorrow... Would it be ok if I told him I found out about him thru you ?
Old 11-17-14, 03:47 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

ordeed the proefi48 should be here by Thursday..
Old 11-18-14, 07:51 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Cool glad to hear buddy.

If you need help with wiring I can help you with that.
Old 11-20-14, 01:16 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

It's here !! Time to buy the wide band and some sensors
Attached Thumbnails Proefi48 vs mapecu2 vs aem v2-image.jpg  
Old 11-20-14, 01:47 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Very good!! You will love it as long as you get it tuner by a professional.
Old 11-20-14, 03:18 PM
monkeyboy8
Driver

The one question that I have for now is ... There is less pins on the 48 vs the oem ecu/harness what I do with the extra wires from the 80 plug and 40 plug ?

Quick Reply: Proefi48 vs mapecu2 vs aem v2