Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

92 sc300 na-t question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-14, 07:47 AM
lequanus27
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 sc300 na-t question

I wanna build a na-t for my sc300 and keep it auto. I read alot and saw that the stock auto transmission. Can't handle that much boost without breaking. Also wanted. To know what pieces are important. To get name brand version of so that they last longer. What parts can I get from eBay that's not that important. I saw a couple eBay turbo kid fir about 1500 with everything. Included. Are those bad turbo kits
Old 10-29-14, 11:08 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll help because I'm in pain and on Vicodin. From ebay you can get the following and be okay for at least a year hopefully..turbo,wastegate,bov..now I'm talking straight up ebay brand cheap stuff. Some people will swear by ebay items and say they've had them for several thousand miles with no failure..your decision if you want to risk it. If you find used local brand name items on ebay that is another story. From ebay you can get the following and be perfectly fine..downpipe,dumptube,intercooler,piping,vacuum hose(might crack after a while),couplers,gauges,manifold..now the manifold you will need to touch up a bit to make sure there is no slag on the inside that can potentially kill your turbo and while doing this your welder may as well add some strut bracing support and make sure the flanges are straight.

It might be better for you to save up money and enjoy spending time shopping and waiting for the perfect USED BRAND NAME items to pop up every now and then and when they do you jump on them. Good luck.

Unless you're in a rush to have a turbo in your car then go ahead and buy a cheap 900 dollar ebay kit and keep us updated on the fitment issues

Also...next time just search..seriously. Any other questions you have I will promise you it's been asked and like I said if you are not in a rush you can spend your weekends or free time here searching.
Old 10-29-14, 11:23 AM
lequanus27
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks ill check it out more
Old 10-29-14, 12:52 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Thanks Ashtray, yes most things on the online kits are ok, except for the turbo itself and usually the oil lines are suspect. not saying the turbo in the kit wont work (I am using mine still), but that is the only part that may give out sooner or later depending on how good it is, how you set it up, and how much you push it.