Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Halp. Car wont start up and no cel

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-16, 11:09 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halp. Car wont start up and no cel

Car is a stock 1993 sc300:

So a week ago my car nearly overheated in the betos drive through when my fan shroud fell on the fan and blocked it. I parked before the temp needle was fully in the red and shut it down. There was an auto zone across the street so I got coolant and screws and drove for a week with no issues with the car or cooling system at all.

today I stopped at the gas station and while gassing up I noticed a nice coolant puddle forming under my car. I limped it back home and topped off the coolant(the car stayed at normal temp the while time and did not run out of coolant) and all seemed fine Until I got home and started the car. It fired up like normal then died after idling in reverse before I even backed out of my spot. Car now acts like it has no spark at all and the starter just spins the motor...what could make the car suddenly lose spark?

the fuel pump and is 4 years old as is the ecu rebuild. I have done the 12v bypass. When I turn the key to the on position I can hear the pump running as it should. The cap and rotor looked rough so I swapped them out. That didn't help. I pulled the cover and the timing belt still looks new. I alsoattemptsed to pull codes by jumping the te1 and e1 ports under the dash, however the cel and od lights continuously flash with no 1 second pause to allow me to differentiate digits 1-9. Does a rapidly flashing cel indicate catastrophic failure?

It seems strange a car would drive fine, then up and die without warning. This morning the car felt as good as it ever has...what am I missing. I pulled the ignitor wire and cranked the car and it acted the same. Could that be it?

Last edited by 2jznosht; 08-13-16 at 10:08 AM.