Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc400 1jzgte cranks no start help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-14, 12:27 AM
Kozziesc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc400 1jzgte cranks no start help!!

So after searching for hours and got no luck so finally I registered here and thought I would get some help , so here we go , had a boost cut issue so popped hood started the car , idle was good , checked the turbo assy pressure sensor and plugged it out and rpm drops a little , plugged the sensor back in and everything is back to normal.there is a tube the connects to the sensor and goes to the intake manifold.started the car again and unplugged the sensor again while i unplugged the sensor the tube loosed off the sensor and the car shuts of right away , so I thought low gas , put gas , and still no start. All it does now is crank hard but no start , checked coils , plugs all are good , and I can hear fuel pump going on , ignitor is good , my only thought is something to do with the ecu , I probably ****ed up something while I was playing with the turbo pressure sensor , also sensor is just laying around connected , might need to be grounded? Idk. Just need info on what my problem is.

That's the same sensor
Old 10-11-14, 04:26 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you reconnect the vacuum hose back to the map sensor? Check ALL your grounds
Old 10-11-14, 08:28 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait, so the car was running fine. You unplugged the boost pressure sensor, rpm's dropped and went to normal when plugged back in. Then you disconnected the vacuum reference line for the boost pressure sensor, and now the car wont start. All of that correct?

Sounds to me like you didnt hook the vacuum line back to the map sensor (boost pressure sensor), or you possibly disconnected it from the source on the intake manifold.
Old 10-11-14, 09:40 AM
sfgsdfg999
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the MAP sensor, what do you mean by boost cut problem -that only happens when your ecu detects more than 14.somithin. did everything drive fine then suddenly it died? The MAP hanging won't matter, if there's a vacuum leak at the connections to it it will because it won't get the correct reading, replace the vacuum hose, make sure there are no kinks and clamp the connections to the manifold and MAP. Still could be stock 1J ecu but discount the MAP/vacuum leak first.
Old 10-11-14, 12:52 PM
Kozziesc
Driver School Candidate

Yea it was running fine then all of a sudden car dies , no bogs just died immediately , I plugged the hose back to were it was on the intake manifold , now all it does is crank but no start , hose I replaced with a new one and it still won't start , I'm thinking bad caps on ecu , car has some sort of misfire / boost cut not sure witch , turbos pull hard but when I reach high rpms it feels like fuel cutting of and on , also car died a few times while I was driving normal , but it would crank back up fine , but this time it won't start

Last edited by Kozziesc; 10-11-14 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-11-14, 02:16 PM
sfgsdfg999
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like ECU, any codes, specifically 14? If you get spark (stick a plug in a coil up against the front engine lift point) and your fuel is good, ECU is not recognizing the ignitor has fired and shuts off injectors. Use ESD precautions & open ECU to see if there are leaking caps. Unfortunately, You might not see any and its still bad.
Old 10-11-14, 02:52 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Pull all the coil packs and plugs and confirm your still getting fuel. Have you checked to be sure your cam and crank sensors are still plugged in?
Old 10-11-14, 05:51 PM
sc315
Driver School Candidate

I agree with turbo dreams. have you done the fuel pump mod yet?
Old 10-11-14, 06:28 PM
Kozziesc
Driver School Candidate

I haven't checked crank sensors , the car is now at a mechanic , he suggested the ecu might be the problem and is looking into it , I will let him know if he has checked crank sensors , it's getting a diagnose on Monday and he will be testing fuel,spark,coils,sensors , ecu on Monday and said will let me know. Also I already bought caps for it , I've heard most times it's unnoticeable to tell if there leaking , and new spark plugs , timming belt , coil pack , and new battery , also getting the walbro pump ,
Old 10-12-14, 06:44 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sc315
I agree with turbo dreams. have you done the fuel pump mod yet?
what he said. I was having a similar issue and it ended up being the fuel pump ecu. My car would run fine until it got 100% warmed up. Then leaning, dying, and not starting. Luckily I got the car in my garage and it wouldn't start at all. I pulled the rear seats and rear driver interior panel out and did the fuel ecu bypass and it fired RIGHT up..
Old 10-13-14, 12:48 AM
Kozziesc
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
what he said. I was having a similar issue and it ended up being the fuel pump ecu. My car would run fine until it got 100% warmed up. Then leaning, dying, and not starting. Luckily I got the car in my garage and it wouldn't start at all. I pulled the rear seats and rear driver interior panel out and did the fuel ecu bypass and it fired RIGHT up..
Ok thanks for the info man I will try that also just tips on how to bypass the fuel pump sorry for sounding like a noob
Old 10-13-14, 03:58 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kozziesc
Ok thanks for the info man I will try that also just tips on how to bypass the fuel pump sorry for sounding like a noob
Hey no problem man. This is all you need to know. Great step by step with pics:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...tures-faq.html

FYI, you will run rich on the low end after doing it because the pump will now always have straight battery voltage, instead of the fuel pump ecu controlling the voltage out to the pump. So you will most likely need a tune adjustment.

What kind of fuel pump do you have?