Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

jzx100 (chaser) into 93 sc300

Old 08-13-14, 05:32 AM
driftnh
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jzx100 (chaser) into 93 sc300

hey guys i got a 03 crown swap and just picked up a jx100 chaser ecu/harness as well as tb and intake manifold im at the step where im suppose to extend the harness and repin the body plugs coming from the sc300 but want it done once and done right.

my question is who on here has actually wired there chaser swap into there sc300 and what did you do? do you have diagrams? im keeping it auto and stock...
Old 08-13-14, 07:39 AM
estomax
Lead Lap

do you have an electronic throttle body or standard? I have a jzx100 chaser swap i put in my sc400 and got running so i can definitely give you pointers. mine is non electronic throttle body though. i thought a 2003 crown is a JZX171, which is quite different from a JZX100.
Old 08-13-14, 10:43 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

moved to performance and maintenance. I think it matters alot what kind of throttle body you have on this one but I am not an expert. I think someone asked a similar question here in this section recently so scroll down and take a look try searching 1jz vvti.
Old 08-13-14, 03:14 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jzx100 ecu and harness is the way to go, bu it's nothing like a soarer so no guide will get you there. Jive done a couple of these. I you aren't familiar with toyotas an wiring, I suggest you contact mark panic at panicwire dot com. Soarer is extend/repin. Jzx100 to sc is a complete re-route/add in/extend, different body plugs completely
Old 08-15-14, 10:34 AM
driftnh
Driver School Candidate

i feel comfortable repinning and extending the problem is im getting mixed stories about what has to be done i was just hoping to talk with someone that has used a jzs171 swap with jzx100 harness ecu upper intake and tb
Old 08-15-14, 11:16 AM
driftnh
Driver School Candidate

i just need to know what i needs to be done to make the jzx100 work in the sc300.
Old 08-18-14, 05:58 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

I already told you what needs to be done. The fact that you have a 171 engine is null/void since the engine functions the same and you are using a 100 harness ecu. You will have to swap the single wire temp sender from your ge engine onto the coolant neck on the gte where it's plugged. Then you have to completely tear down the 100 harness, completely re-route it and merge it with the stock sc harness. Have fun.
Old 08-18-14, 02:39 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I am getting surprised about how many members are asking about 1jz vvti wiring after buying the swaps.
That is the part that makes me not want to buy those swaps but hopefully they will get easier because those motors are starting to show up all over and are a good deal for out of the box performance.
Old 08-19-14, 04:32 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

The wiring for 171 engines suck. It's like an IS/gen2 GS/jzx110, the harness comes out for the ecu at #1 injector and the methods used by the factory make it a HUGE pain to rework it towards the rear. In my experience more trouble than run in new wire from scratch. The 100 harnesses are essentially the same amount of effort as a jzx90 into sc which means a lot of rerouting and adding stuff in. Mainly the plugs by the fuse box, security horn, heater valve, pps, etc. Doing a conversion harness when you have the stock sc harness and the 100 harness isn't so bad, just have to take the time to re route everything the way the sc wants it to be which can be very tedious and essentially overwhelming if you're not familiar with the z30 chassis. It's not just a repin this/extend that affair like a soarer harness. You have to apply logic and patience.

Honestly, I think the 100 harness is easier than a jzx90 harness but either way takes a good amount of work to make nice and neat.
Old 08-20-14, 08:16 PM
driftnh
Driver School Candidate

tackling the wiring starting friday i will do a write up with pics when done maybe even compile a swap guide for the 171 with 100 parts thanks for the info i will probably be back with a few more questions as time goes on
Old 08-22-14, 09:07 PM
driftnh
Driver School Candidate

So i have both harnesses the sc300 and the jzx100 have an idea of what needs to be done gotta research a little more ended up getting an apexi standalone ecu for a chaser the only problem is finding diagrams for all these plugs on the auto harness once i find them i can match with sc300.. Wish it was as simple as matching wire colors hahaha
Old 08-23-14, 10:08 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Oh ****. You're staying auto? Iirc crown auto is 5spd, jzx100 is 4spd. Gonna be screwed on that
Old 08-24-14, 09:05 PM
driftnh
Driver School Candidate

realllyyy....wow i was under the impression it was a 4 speed like all the others...yeah basically im back to being at a stand still to top it off the apexi ecu i got is for a m/t chaser. My swap, along with the harness, is an auto. so now im pretty much bummin either 5 speed swap wire everything to work as a 5 speed chaser or find a way to wire in everything from the crown swap and disable the immobilizer....except i have no diagrams for the crown swap
Old 08-25-14, 09:01 AM
estomax
Lead Lap

you could probably put a 4spd auto on that motor for cheap if you want to stick with jzx100 wiring

here is my contribution of an sc300 document i found and edited a bit. i ended up writing a separate sc400 one becuase the power wiring between the two cars is definately different. it is based on another excel file that was floating around the forum here. information definately exists, it's just all over the place
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7r...it?usp=sharing
Old 08-25-14, 11:45 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet is to just figure out the pinout on the body plug pinout from the 1jz body plug's, and merge it to your sc300 body plugs. if you want to avoid extending harness, you can run it through behind the radio and mount it behind the glove box. Even though I would go through the harness to make sure. Downfall is that ecu wont sit in original location. Here, maybe this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: jzx100 (chaser) into 93 sc300