Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

jzx100 (chaser) into 93 sc300

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-14, 06:37 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ the first pic doesn't help at all, the second will though.

The goal here is to rid the x100 harness of it's body wiring, and rid the sc harness of its engine wiring, then merge the two together. Since they both have the same needs for power/communication, it's not difficult, so what you will be doing is rerouting the way the x100 harness gets power/communicates with the vehicle to accommodate the sc300. Labeling before you strip stuff out will immensely help. There will be lots of clipping done that will need to be merged, so lots of loose wires. Lots
When doing so, I like to cut the wire short on the side I'm removing. For example, tach circuit. I like to cut the tach wire right at the igniter on the stock engine, that way I have a long wire and will only have one solder point in the circuit as opposed to two because it was clipped without thinking.
Basically strip both harnesses down to just wire, but use electrical tape in key points on the 100 harness to keep the engine function portion of the harness in it's original shape. For the sc harness you'll want to be concerned with keeping the shape of the body portions of the engine harness, And maybe use a different color piece of tape to mark injector #6 maybe. That way you can match injector 6 from the 100 harness up and should be good to go.

The things you're looking to mate up to the sc harness is
+b
Igsw
Batt
Mrel
A/c
W
All the auto indicator bs
Cluster stuff (oil press and level/1wire temp/cel/tach)

Power to ignition/injectors/+b circuit
Use continuity to find where in the x100 harness these things get power, then route them to where the stock engine got power in the sc harness.

The cluster stuff trace out from said sensors by finding the sensor, verifying color of wire at connector, finding same color wire at body plug and verifying circuit by continuity. Label them, find where they go in the sc harness, fill the gap with wire to connect.

For the circuit stuff I labeled google Frank DSM jzx100 pinout. There will be a supra forums link. Frank made a wonderful pinout, so match the circuits I listed to where the same labeled circuits on the stock ecu go. This may be easier for you to trace from the stock ecu plug on the sc harness to its body plug before stripping the sc harness of it's engine function wiring. I think it's easiest and best to buy a copy of your vehicles ewd and just look there because it will tell you exactly where to go, otherwise you'll be playing the continuity game for hours and hours.

As for your auto troubles, from what I remember of 171 diagrams I had the auto trans circuitry was exactly like an is300 down to the tiptronic bs which is really cool for IS guys who want a beefier auto in their na/t car, but not cool for a guy wanting to use a jzx100 ecu. A friend of mine that used to be on here did this same thing, and I believe he swapped valve bodies and/or used a supra stick or something to control trans. That's about the best I can tell you there as I have zero interest in automatic cars therefore I haven't spent much energy trying to figure stuff out. Only reason I know about the IS is because I had one, and also used the tiptronic buttons on the IS wheel for other things so I had to study the wiring.

Alternator wiring can be matched up via ewd, I'm tired and have strepp throat I'm going back to sleep.

Last edited by Vrank; 08-28-14 at 06:41 AM.