Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Manual Transmission Swap

Old 07-27-10, 06:59 PM
dsc400m
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual Transmission Swap

Does anyone know which manual transmission will swap to the sc400 v8 engine? I am trying to find a transmission that will swat perfectly but havent had any luck.
Old 07-27-10, 07:30 PM
mtnrat
Pole Position

A little searching would help but, this is the easiest:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...s-of-pics.html
There are a few threads on this.
Old 07-27-10, 07:57 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dsc400m
Does anyone know which manual transmission will swap to the sc400 v8 engine? I am trying to find a transmission that will swat perfectly but havent had any luck.
A simple search and you'd find threads that basically help you every step of the way..
Old 08-11-14, 08:11 AM
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

Well on my 1992 SC400 the first thing that goes on e-bay is the automatic transmission. Having an SCCA racing and exotic car background back to the early 70's, I am looking for all the advice I can get on a tranny swap. On the other hand, I consider myself a pretty good hot-rodder in the loosest sense of the term, since I am strictly a road-racer/track day guy, but a hammer, and a little adjusting here and there, and with some limitations I can get alsmost anything in there. All the advice you can give will be most appreciated. Say what is this with no long tube SC400 headers available? If I have to I'll make 'em myself or have someone custom make them. I was also a jet engine mechanic for money, and a computer control guy for money, mostly associated with jet engine controls, and an exotic car mechanic during weekends while I was in the active duty US Navy 1980 to 1982 back in the heyday of the "gray market". Need friends and advice, I am retired now. Oh, I was liaison for Electrical Maintenance for the US Navy to the Egyptian Navy from late 2000 to 2010, but was disabled by a huge heart attack, through excercise I have regained much heart function, but unfortunately there is so much dead muscle, the only real solution someday is a heart transplant. During that time although representing the US Navy I was an employee of a subsidiaary through interlocking boards of Directors. Booz, Allen & Hamilton, the subsidiary was VSE Corp. They may not be related any more but back then they were essentially the same company, though many of their own employees didn't realize it. I lived in Alexandria, Egypt that entire 10 years, no relief, no rotation. Strange world. And about those long tube headers and tranny swaps?

Last edited by Matthew1; 08-11-14 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Grammar and spelling, I am a sloppy typist
Old 08-11-14, 08:36 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew1
Well on my 1992 SC400 the first thing that goes on e-bay is the automatic transmission. Having an SCCA racing and exotic car background back to the early 70's, I am looking for all the advice I can get on a tranny swap. On the other hand, I consider myself a pretty good hot-rodder in the loosest sense of the term, since I am strictly a road-racer/track day guy, but a hammer, and a little adjusting here and there, and with some limitations I can get alsmost anything in there. All the advice you can give will be most appreciated. Say what is this with no long tube SC400 headers available? If I have to I'll make 'em myself or have someone custom make them. I was also a jet engine mechanic for money, and a computer control guy for money, mostly associated with jet engine controls, and an exotic car mechanic during weekends while I was in the active duty US Navy 1980 to 1982 back in the heyday of the "gray market". Need friends and advice, I am retired now. Oh, I was liaison for Electrical Maintenance for the US Navy to the Egyptian Navy from late 2000 to 2010, but was disabled by a huge heart attack, through excercise I have regained much heart function, but unfortunately there is so much dead muscle, the only real solution someday is a heart transplant. During that time although representing the US Navy I was an employee of a subsidiaary through interlocking boards of Directors. Booz, Allen & Hamilton, the subsidiary was VSE Corp. They may not be related any more but back then they were essentially the same company, though many of their own employees didn't realize it. I lived in Alexandria, Egypt that entire 10 years, no relief, no rotation. Strange world. And about those long tube headers and tranny swaps?
Cool story, but as they said, search.

Originally Posted by dsc400m
You've been on these forums for 4 years and this is your first post?

There is no "bolt on" manual transmission.. There are other options but where's the fun in just telling you everything.

"Teach a man to fish...."

Last edited by Kris9884; 08-11-14 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-11-14, 08:56 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew1
Haha this post should be in the 'New Member/Introduction' thread sir..! ;-)
Old 08-11-14, 09:28 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris9884
You've been on these forums for 4 years and this is your first post?
Check the post date. Foiled by the four year old thread bump...
Old 08-12-14, 09:35 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

end thread =/