Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZGE NOS Direct Port Nitrous setup coming soon! Any input?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-14, 05:37 PM
Firemr2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2JZGE NOS Direct Port Nitrous setup coming soon! Any input?

I just purchased a new used lower intake runner for $40 on ebay so i can tap into it and mock up a direct port nitrous kit.

Im currently running a Wet 75shot now, Im going to be upgrading in the weeks to come and fabricate my nitrous nozzles and lines on the lower runners. the reason I'm building this is because i want to insure the flow of fuel and nitrous is evenly distributed into each cylinder maximizing the nitrous.

'm looking into running 125 and maybe150 but that will be the max, running the 75 direct I'm really looking forward to see how much faster and smoother its going to feel.

I figure All 2JZGE owners know that the air traveling in from our throttle body into the 2 splitter then into 6 runners looks hideous and in theory it flows great and greater some say then the GTE, but i want to know for sure its going to be even.

I will post pics up soon of the build. and try and do a little write up or be lazy and take video.

Another reason for me building this is because i haven't seen of anyone who is as stupid/smart about building a direct port kit for the 2JZGE, i know there is a 2ZGTE manifold.

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with a STD, you know you want to touch but you really shouldn't"
Old 08-02-14, 06:50 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Firemr2
I just purchased a new used lower intake runner for $40 on ebay so i can tap into it and mock up a direct port nitrous kit.

Im currently running a Wet 75shot now, Im going to be upgrading in the weeks to come and fabricate my nitrous nozzles and lines on the lower runners. the reason I'm building this is because i want to insure the flow of fuel and nitrous is evenly distributed into each cylinder maximizing the nitrous.

'm looking into running 125 and maybe150 but that will be the max, running the 75 direct I'm really looking forward to see how much faster and smoother its going to feel.

I figure All 2JZGE owners know that the air traveling in from our throttle body into the 2 splitter then into 6 runners looks hideous and in theory it flows great and greater some say then the GTE, but i want to know for sure its going to be even.

I will post pics up soon of the build. and try and do a little write up or be lazy and take video.

Another reason for me building this is because i haven't seen of anyone who is as stupid/smart about building a direct port kit for the 2JZGE, i know there is a 2ZGTE manifold.

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with a STD, you know you want to touch but you really shouldn't"
Just curious how do you plan on controlling the head lifting, the injector your going to need, the additional fuel requirements, the stock timing curve is way to aggressive for that direct port.
The general rule of thumb is the first 50 is free the next 50 will need approx some reduction in timing and soon on. I think you need to do some more research before you have a 300 # mass of scrap metal!!

GL!!
Old 08-02-14, 08:34 PM
Firemr2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Just curious how do you plan on controlling the head lifting, the injector your going to need, the additional fuel requirements, the stock timing curve is way to aggressive for that direct port.
The general rule of thumb is the first 50 is free the next 50 will need approx some reduction in timing and soon on. I think you need to do some more research before you have a 300 # mass of scrap metal!!

GL!!
Controlling head lift? Is that a trick question. you get head lift anytime you pressurize your combustion chamber.

I don't think its going to be to aggressive and its better to run rich the lean. I have 1 step cold copper plugs and rpm window switch now that helps control my nitrous and keeps me spraying from 4400 to 6200. i do plan on getting a progressive controller soon so it won't hit all at once it will ramp up.

There is no need for a extra injector, the purpose of direct port is to add fuel and N20 at the same time through a fogger nozzle. I also have 3 degrees of timing already pulled, general rule of thumb is for every 50hp 2* Rd timing.

I have done my research and I'm just curious to what others would have to say.
Old 08-02-14, 09:39 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Firemr2
Controlling head lift? Is that a trick question. you get head lift anytime you pressurize your combustion chamber.

I don't think its going to be to aggressive and its better to run rich the lean. I have 1 step cold copper plugs and rpm window switch now that helps control my nitrous and keeps me spraying from 4400 to 6200. i do plan on getting a progressive controller soon so it won't hit all at once it will ramp up.

There is no need for a extra injector, the purpose of direct port is to add fuel and N20 at the same time through a fogger nozzle. I also have 3 degrees of timing already pulled, general rule of thumb is for every 50hp 2* Rd timing.

I have done my research and I'm just curious to what others would have to say.
Rich is not a great thing either. Washing bearings?

Not talking about additional injector talking about the way your going to control the injector you already have.
Also stock computer and you've pulled 3 degrees???

Read my signature I'm not new to this game. And I direct port.
Old 08-03-14, 06:38 AM
Firemr2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Rich is not a great thing either. Washing bearings?

Not talking about additional injector talking about the way your going to control the injector you already have.
Also stock computer and you've pulled 3 degrees???

Read my signature I'm not new to this game. And I direct port.
I already read your signature. built not bought, love it lol.

I haven't decided exactly what piggy back I'm going yo use to control the injectors just yet. what would you recommend. Im not going to lie im budgeting myself so i figure SAFC2, e-manage, mega squirt. haven't got that far on the tuning. i think a standalone maybe over kill but the safest route.