Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

car missing need help please....

Old 07-23-14, 04:56 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's good that the clip for #2 has power, but is it on the injector properly? Like mentioned above, checking for continuity from clip to ecu wouldn't hurt. I doubt it's an issue since it's a factory harness, but worth a shot. Since it's isolated to cyl 2 and cyl2 is easy to get to, you might as well check compression on number 1 as a reference number and number 2 to see if your theory about a possible valve issue is correct.
Old 07-23-14, 06:16 PM
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12 volt mod is done. the clips are on the injectors. i put new clips on when i replaced them. wires were not cut. i used a kit that unlocks the wire then pushed them out and reinstalled. i guess i need to do the compression test and find the pin for the injectors. anybody have a pin out for a 94 sc300 handy? or any other off the wall ideas that would cause a miss? this is really buggin me. ill let u all know what i find out in afew. thanks for the help.
Old 08-14-14, 01:27 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious to see if this was ever resolved. I'm having a similar issue but have just started working on it.
Old 08-14-14, 02:20 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

this is for the JDM n/a supra but basically the same pinout for injectors etc... it has a map sensor instead of a maf sensor so ignore that part.
Injector 2 is on pin B19
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...0JZA80%20Supra

sometimes the wires are brittle and just handling them//popping them out can mess with them. I would double check they are seated in the new connector properly as I have never heard of toyota injector pins being able to go into another type of connector, usually there is a small difference and you have to cut and wire a new pigtail on. I would re-tripple check the connection if I was the OP.
Old 08-21-14, 06:31 PM
Rookie

new capasitors in the ecu.
new spark plugs oem.
new plug wires. oem
new distubitor cap and rotor. oem.
tps checked and is good.
maf checked and is good.
injectors new. oem.
injectors conneceted to injectors. verified.
timing is good. timeing marks aligned and timeing light used.
O2 sensers replaced. oem
number 2 spark plug has been pulled. I see it fires. It is not wet or covered in oil or anything. still looks new.
wires on the injetors all have voltage.
compression is good.
Ok now heres what ive noticed. engine idles rough.
i can pull the injector clip on number 2 and the engine stays the same rough idle. I pull any other injector and the idle gets worse.
I can smell fuel coming from the back of the car. and it now seems to be alot worse. smokes bad now.
I have tried to pull codes and get nothing.
I got another ecu out of a good running car and I have no changes.
this is the craziest thing I have ever seen with these cars. Or maybe im just over looking something. Any one have any ideas. Please heeeelllllp.
Old 08-27-14, 01:01 PM
Rookie

Ok I finally got this car running again. the problem was i had an injector dumping fuel into the number two cylinder. I took everything apart and rechecked everything. this injector was wide open once fuel pressure was on it. I guess i didnt check to make sure before I put it back together. no big deal swapped the injector now im back on the road.
So anybody that runs into this. hook up the fuel supply and power up the car. let i sit for afew. You will see how much fuel comes out of an open injector. It filled the lower intake an my cylinder in about 30 seconds. hope this helps someone out.
thanks to everyone that tried to help. And my good buddy Matt