Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz auto help

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-14, 08:25 AM
flipboi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz auto help

sorry but i dont really know much about auto trannys and i have been trying to research this for a couple of hours but i am not getting anywhere, but is the transmission from the sc300 and the 1jz the same? if not which one would u guys prefer? some people say that they are and some say they aren't. the sc300 tranny would be much easier and cheaper to get than the 1jz.

My 1jz auto tranny recently started acting up. It would not go into second gear. If the car is in second gear, it would feel like its in neutral and would not grab at all, but it is fine in any other gear.

I first check if all my solenoids work and they did. I also noticed that the solenoids on the gs300 and sc400 we different from my solenoids. I also put fresh tranny fluid and cleaned the trans oil filter, also made sure that there wasnt any clog in the lines.
Old 07-31-14, 02:18 PM
flipboi
Lead Lap

So i just swapped my 1jz auto trans to a 2jz auto trans. The connectors on the shifter sensor were different so i just swapped the shifter sensor. There was a sensor on the trans oil line on the 2jz and the 1jz didnt have it but the 1jz had a sensor on the casing that the 2jz didnt. I figured these are just temp sensors so it shouldnt effect anything. I finally tried starting it and putting in gear after i put everything back together cept those sensors, but the tranny isnt even responding... doesnt change gears or anything. I was wondering if anyone has any idea on what it could be. My guess is the solenoid connector isnt pinned the same but its just a guess...
Old 12-20-14, 07:35 AM
GarnetSC
Driver School Candidate

I just ran into the same problem still trying to figure it out. I believe the sensor that's missing is a 2 wire speed sensor that send pulses to the ecu. I drilled out that cast put the sensor in and installed the trans and got no response I figured the trans was bad ( bought off craigslist). im fighting the same problem and cant find any write ups. did you get it figured out?