Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

CX Racing Turbo kits chime in

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-14, 03:47 PM
stevegrizz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX Racing Turbo kits chime in

Getting ready to order one of the cx racing kits- did a search and haven't found any one that has a new style one with the equal length manifold. Please advise.

Also- I'm in tampa so if anyone local can show me theirs that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Old 07-06-14, 08:42 PM
emoFTW
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw a buddy that had one. His manifold was actually pretty good quality. No need to cut stock exhaust studs, great Fitment.
Old 07-07-14, 09:16 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that header. Quality seems to be pretty decent compared to their run of the mill ones. Flanges are really thick and fits nicely mocked up on a 2j on a stand. I haven't used it since it didn't fit with the shorter height of the 1j block I'm using and also would be a pain to build a dp I'd be happy with in another make of car I was trying to use this on
Old 07-08-14, 09:18 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I thought those new ones that set the turbo more towards the firewall are more for the IS chassis. would be interested to see it in an SC though and really they should sell it with a modified downpipe instead of making everyone make a new one.
Old 07-08-14, 04:49 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I came from a Driftmotion modified manifold. Picked up an open scroll T4 manifold for my 1JZ.
The CXRacing manifold fits VERY well. The flanges require ZERO machining. They're perfectly flat out of the box.
Also, the head flange holes on the CX piece line up much better than the Driftmotion flange and did not require ANY hole enlarging, redrilling or shorter studs. Nice work for a china manifold!

My only complaint is cyl #1 runner. As you can see, theres a small 'rash' I had to make. It doesn't clear the thermostat housing bolt. Needs a little massaging via 20 pound sledge hammer. Seriously. Don't try without at least 20lbs. The manifold runners are STUPID thick and make the old DM manifold look like it's made out of aluminum foil.

Ignore the little sandwich plate sitting in between the manifold and turbo
I wouldn't waste my time reinforcing these manifolds like DM does to theirs. The runners are such thick gauge it's pointless.

It comes with a weird flange for the wastegate. I'm sure someone knows offhand what the rectangular waste gate brand the flange fits but it doesn't fit mine. I run a Tial so I had to chop it off and weld a small 1" extension to keep the wastegate off the motor mount and make room for the massive Tial 60mm wastegates fins. Excuse the ****ty welds on my wastegate pipe. The rest of the welds from CX are very good.
Old 07-08-14, 06:30 PM
stevegrizz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Great post man!!!!

Since I'm getting the whole kit i think the wg issues won't be relevant to me

Glad to hear it is a quality piece...

Anyone use their top to bottom IC kit for the SC?
Old 07-09-14, 08:47 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I bought the CX Racing T-70 kit but have the original style manifold. I put it in place to see what it looked like a few weeks ago and it looked and fit perfectly. Haven't decided if I will upgrade to the 2nd version as mine seems perfectly fine. What all questions do you have? The only thing I would suggest out of the whole kit is to buy your own wastegate spring and make your own gaskets (if your going to use any) for the oil lines.

^^That flange looks like its for a 40mm HKS style.