Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300 > Performance & Maintenance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Vortech Supercharger wastegate idea

Old 06-21-14, 03:03 AM   #1
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (3)

Default Vortech Supercharger wastegate idea

Somewhat built 1uzfe V8.

So I'm about to upgrade my little V-9 F trim with a V-2 Si trim. The V-2 moves way more air and is capable of 22 psi (get 12 psi out of the V-9 on a good day). I don't know that my motor is quite capable of holding 22psi.

Thread here : http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ged-sc400.html

I've seen a few domestic guys (Mustang and Vette mostly) use a wastegate on the intake pipe. The purpose of this is to run the smallest pulley possible on the supercharger (based on supercharger and engine max RPM) so that boost is at max desired boost as low in the RPM range as possible but then have the capability to release excess pressure.

Say I want to run 15 psi. I have a 2.62 pulley which will put the V-2 at near peak RPM at my set peak engine RPM of 6800. Lets say it will make 15psi at 4000 rpm and get up to the max 22 psi by 6800 rpm. I will then have the wastegate set to open at 15psi to "vent" the excess pressure.

I also think I can use the wastegate as a bypass / blow off valve as it is a two port wastegate with one port on each side of the diaphragm.

I'm not sure if I will need a way to vent vac / boost in the lines between the VSV / one way check valve and the wastegate. If the boost or vac lines hold vac / boost it might make the valve harder to open / close. will need to do some bench testing.

Attached is a diagram, I'd love some input as I have no experience with wastegates,

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Book1.pdf (176.7 KB, 33 views)
Supercharged 96 Lexus SC400. Water / meth injection. Ross pistons. The "thick" factory rods.Gasket matched intake and heads. ARP head studs. Cometic head gaskets. ACL rod bearings. Flipped intake. Supra LSD. Built transmission. PI converter. Supra Tokico shocks with swift lowering springs. IMF headers. X-pipe. 2.5 inch exhaust. Adaptronic. Suprastick. Much more.

KC95SC400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 03:03 AM