Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone with experience with chaser ecu's and harnesses?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-14, 10:45 PM
suprus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with experience with chaser ecu's and harnesses?

Hey everyone,

So im trying to finish up my harness and im kinda stuck at the moment. Ive already pretty much extended all of the plugs to the right length except for the handful of shielded cables left on the harness. Now the harness and ecu are both chaser MT as far as I know and its going into my MT 92 sc300. So I just need some advice for swapping the plugs (if thats what needs to be done).

Here is the ecu

Here are the plugs from the harness

Only 2 of the plugs from the harness go into the ecu but the ecu came with these plugs connected to it with their hacked off pigtails included.

This white plug also had a connector and pigails attached.

And here are the shielded cables and their little junction box or whatever it is

So. I think that two of the existing harness plugs are going to need to be switched for the ones included in the other slots im just not sure which ones they are. And am I going to need to do the same with the white plug or body plugs? And any advice on doing the shielded wires would be helpful as well. I know i need to use some co-ax but is there anything else I should be aware of? Splicing location? Any do's or dont's? Any advice is appreciated.
Cheers boys
Old 06-14-14, 01:48 PM
suprus
Driver

anyone done this before that can chime in please? This is the last thing stopping me from dropping this motor and firing her up
Old 06-16-14, 09:08 PM
suprus
Driver

seriously nobody has any advice on this?
Old 06-16-14, 11:56 PM
suprus
Driver

this is what ive got so far...

im trying to use this pinout diagram:

http://1jzmerc.com/files/pdf/pinout-toyota-jzx90.png

Based on that diagram the colors on the included 16 and 28 pin plugs are different but are in the same locations. Im assuming the flat white and grey plugs are body plugs (which im pretty certain will not fit into the sc body locations, but thats another story) so that only leaves 2 other plugs which are these:

So basically the only thing left I need to repin the new plugs with the existing ones on the harness is a diagram or something for those two plugs above. There's quite a few less wires on those plugs though so Im not sure.. if anyone has any info on that please lmk thanks