Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

headgasket info that you may not have seen

Old 01-22-14, 10:18 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I will summarize what you should do for you since its harder for you to find.
you have an is300 with vvti 2jzge.

vvti block is not as strong, keep it around/under 350rwhp or you can break the block.
for turbo you will have to use a single turbo 2jzge manifold and a matching t4 turbo probably something small that spools quick since you have to keep the power down. then also all the other pieces for a single turbo conversion, oil lines, wategate, etc..

you can run more power but you need to change out the pistons and rods on your motor which most don't want to do.

you should also consider a 2JZGTE vvti swap or even a 1JZGTE vvti swap as it will save some hassle if you want to go for more power instead of paying to build up your motor.
Old 01-22-14, 12:42 PM
xstos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
No, they will not fit. You will want to order a 2JZGE turbo exhaust manifold and a turbo.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the oil lines, injectors, engine management, headgasket, ARP studs, intercooler, intercooler piping, blow off valve, downpipe, and a wastegate.
Yes, I am aware of what I will be needing.
But to get the car legal i need first to regester it with the stock turbos
Old 01-22-14, 12:53 PM
xstos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I will summarize what you should do for you since its harder for you to find.
you have an is300 with vvti 2jzge.

vvti block is not as strong, keep it around/under 350rwhp or you can break the block.
for turbo you will have to use a single turbo 2jzge manifold and a matching t4 turbo probably something small that spools quick since you have to keep the power down. then also all the other pieces for a single turbo conversion, oil lines, wategate, etc..

you can run more power but you need to change out the pistons and rods on your motor which most don't want to do.

you should also consider a 2JZGTE vvti swap or even a 1JZGTE vvti swap as it will save some hassle if you want to go for more power instead of paying to build up your motor.
My thought was to change th pistons and rods. Is 2jzge block weaker then the 2jzgte ?
Have to install stock turbos to get the car legel.
Have considerd a 2jzgte swap but read that som of the elektronics wont work like ABS.
So I a, torn of what to do.
Dont no what block visonboy have but seems stock.
http://www.precisecontacts.com/cars.html
Old 01-22-14, 04:29 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by xstos
My thought was to change th pistons and rods. Is 2jzge block weaker then the 2jzgte ?
Have to install stock turbos to get the car legel.
Have considerd a 2jzgte swap but read that som of the elektronics wont work like ABS.
So I a, torn of what to do.
Dont no what block visonboy have but seems stock.
http://www.precisecontacts.com/cars.html
The block itself is the same iron block the GTE has and is practically indestructible. I cant think of a HP cap honestly, there are guys in 1500-2000HP with the actual block. The rods on a GE and GTE are the same, forged and beastly, good for 700-1000HP depending on how good of a tune and setup you have.

THAT BEING SAID, you have a VVTi motor which is the weakest 2j there is. The internals are side by side obviously smaller and weaker. If you are serious about rods/pistons then sky is the limit but a stock twin turbo setup is NOT possible, they do NOT bolt up.

That link you provided is a stock vvti motor with rods and pistons, which could be had for about $1400. I'd go that route but if you need to keep it stockish why not just do a mild turbo setup without even pulling the head for about 350hp?

Last edited by Kris9884; 01-22-14 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-23-14, 02:09 AM
xstos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kris9884
The block itself is the same iron block the GTE has and is practically indestructible. I cant think of a HP cap honestly, there are guys in 1500-2000HP with the actual block. The rods on a GE and GTE are the same, forged and beastly, good for 700-1000HP depending on how good of a tune and setup you have.

THAT BEING SAID, you have a VVTi motor which is the weakest 2j there is. The internals are side by side obviously smaller and weaker. If you are serious about rods/pistons then sky is the limit but a stock twin turbo setup is NOT possible, they do NOT bolt up.

That link you provided is a stock vvti motor with rods and pistons, which could be had for about $1400. I'd go that route but if you need to keep it stockish why not just do a mild turbo setup without even pulling the head for about 350hp?
Have to install stock turbos to register and get the car legall.
Tought of getting a manifold flang and make it fit the stock turbo kit.
Or what if I change the topp then the turbos would fit and pistons and rods.

Is the vvti 2jzgte also weak ? if I do the swap I would get the 2jzgte vvti.
Old 01-23-14, 09:49 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

if you have to have stock turbos then you have to do a GTE swap or swap on a GTE head onto your motor.
but since your bottom end is the weak one, it makes no sense to swap a gte head onto your weak bottom end.

Get a 2jzgte vvti and install it, and have someone make your harness. there is no reason why abs wouldn't work or all that other stuff. the motors are practically setup the same and ABS has nothing to do with the engine.
Someone who knows how to make a harness can make that motor work in your car without issues.