Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300 > Performance & Maintenance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Fuel Not Turning On

Old 06-11-14, 05:19 PM   #1
Trucho
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

ACHTUNG-BARCA
Default Fuel Not Turning On

I recently had issues with my car stalling/stuttering so I decided to do 12V fuel pump mod (bypass fuel pump ECU) and car ran like a champ. Then a month after that I had issues getting the car to start up but after multiple attempts the car started up and drove fine. But one morning I went to drive it and the car would crank over and over but no start. My first thought was that the old fuel pump died out since it was getting full 12V and was maybe on its last legs. So I bought a new fuel pump installed and still same issue. I did not hear the fuel pump turning on at all so I tried swapping the EFI relay and still nothing. So then I tried jumping FP and B+ then try starting and nada. Once more I still have not heard fuel pump turn on at any point. So then I tested with multimeter and I do not get any power to FP or +B at all. So then I tried checking power to the wires I crimped together for the 12V fuel pump mod (green and black/red wires) and still no power with key in ON position. I also made sure the main fuse box was getting sufficient power.

Sooooo I am stumped. Is there anything I can test out to see why I am not getting power to fuel pump? I'm not sure if I can test the actual power source of the EFI relay itself or does jumping the FP and B+ bypass the relay?

Thanks guys!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Trucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 07:14 PM   #2
Trucho
Rookie

ACHTUNG-BARCA

I guess im going to try a toggle switch from the battery to fuel pump and check to see if that work for now. Not sure what else to test at this time. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 06-16-14, 12:08 AM   #3
INTIMAZY
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (3)

tomhasfastcars

If you get tired of the fuel ECU like I did, get a SPST relay and use the antenna switched 12v wire in the trunk as a turn-on for the relay.

Fuel pump on when key turned, fuel pump off otherwise. Simple. No guessing.

AEMv2/BC272/SP-QSV/Kaaz SQ-LSD/LQ9coils/water-meth/4"single--- build in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrel View Post
Are you one of those annoying flamers that always thinks the answer to everything is a 2JZ swap?
INTIMAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 05:32 PM   #4
Trucho
Rookie

ACHTUNG-BARCA

Just noticed CEL light is not turning on either when key is on the ON position. Must be related....

Last edited by Trucho; 06-16-14 at 05:43 PM..
Old 06-16-14, 05:32 PM