Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte cast manifold Borg Warner options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-14, 08:07 AM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Vrank;8562587]1: these things aren't nissans

2: safc has nothing and I mean absolutely nothing to do with speed cut here and I'm pretty sure on any vehicle. You wanna get rid of that, then clip or depin sp1.

If you meant fuel cut instead of speed limiter which I'm pretty sure you didn't because they're two completely different words to comprise a phrase, then that's simple too. It's called an fcd, and the safc/fcd combo has been a proven setup for like 20 years.

Safc works absolutely fine and is a very useful tool for your specific goals and budget. If you don't wanna do things right, then why bother asking questions? Just do what you're gonna do and get your doors blown off by the guy with the setup that has less potential because they know what they're doing.

QUOTE]

From someone who has had experience with Apexi SAFC's it doesn't make sense for me to tune with it and fight with the JDM ecu and run pig rich and have a high idle. Granted idle shouldn't be a issue being that I'm running the stock BOV. But going single I will have to raise IDLE and or recirculate. Also don't need my battery to keep draining.I will go standalone removing the aristo ECU from the equation. I am fully aware of what a HKS fcd is as well as speed defencer. Not new to the scene. Not a street racer so I have no intent on caring what another guy has with regards to getting my doors blown off. My main question was whether or not a guys are using un divided BW turbos on cast manifolds and which turbos they are. Thanks
Old 06-04-14, 08:09 AM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95SC3T
feel free to text me. I am doing the 2jzgte with cast log manifold and s366 90 compressor housing and a .91 divided ar. I have pics on my phone that I can text anyone who needs them. there is actually a lot of room depending on how you clock the compressor housing. 502-403-7543
Excellent thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. Actually I am considering the BL366 (quick spool) variant. And yes hmhatch I looked in spa manifolds as well for sure