Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

aristo swap help!!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-14, 06:52 PM
hmhatch
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes I mean supra Tt gte water pump. Not Aristo. You want a clutch fan setup. Interesting about the power steering pump. I've always used the gte pump as its already attached and does not have the reservoir bolted to it.
Old 04-29-14, 09:19 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

well sometimes the JDM accessories are not in the best of shape, so you can reuse some of your GE stuff, but if its in good shape yeah just use the aristo PS pump.
Old 04-29-14, 02:59 PM
2jdeemo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
well sometimes the JDM accessories are not in the best of shape, so you can reuse some of your GE stuff, but if its in good shape yeah just use the aristo PS pump.
So really if I wanted to I COULD use the stock accessories that come on the motor? Except the alternator?
Old 04-29-14, 03:16 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

The alternator is actually the same pretty much, sometimes the plugs are different.
power steering is the same, there is a union nipple and oring bolted to the top of the gte one instead of the reservoir on the GE. bottom half is the same.
starter is basically the same.
a/c is basically the same.

alot of stuff is basically the same. use whichever ones work or looks newer.
Old 04-30-14, 04:49 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol@tweaked. Good luck with that one. I'd go with panicwire.co if you wanted something nice, proper, and guaranteed to not make you wanna pull your hair out. Tweaked is 50/50, a horrible risk IMO. Cam sucks.
Old 04-30-14, 06:08 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I just finished up my swap look at my build thread starting on Page 4.....This will give you an idea of how the swap should be done.....You definately want to get a new oil pump and water pump....replace as much things as you can while the engine is out of the car......with an JDM engine you have no idea how long it has been sitting.....Good Luck

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...g-build-4.html
Old 04-30-14, 06:52 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Vrank- Whats wrong with Tweak?
Old 05-02-14, 06:08 AM
2jdeemo
Rookie

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
I just finished up my swap look at my build thread starting on Page 4.....This will give you an idea of how the swap should be done.....You definately want to get a new oil pump and water pump....replace as much things as you can while the engine is out of the car......with an JDM engine you have no idea how long it has been sitting.....Good Luck

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...g-build-4.html
You did the writing harness yourself?!
Old 05-02-14, 06:42 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes using this thread made by one of our members.....I built my harness off this thread and SC300 wiring diagrams....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...made-easy.html
Old 05-04-14, 04:31 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SC42
Vrank- Whats wrong with Tweak?
Apparently hit or miss. Also, I've seen him (cam, tweak tech) multiple times post info that is incorrect which is simple, 1st year rookie stuff. Or makes stuff seem way more complicated than it really is which leads me to believe he's using the fear tactic to drum up business, or doesn't really know what he's doing.

One of my favorite recent examples is I believe user obeewon who paid a grand and his harness had simple first year mistakes in it, and couldn't even get it resolved through cam because of lack of contact. I've personally known several people tht had rookie *** mistakes made in their harness that leads to hair pulling or more down time. If you guys don't know about Mark Panic at panicwire, you should. Dude was at PSI in Portland for years, has turned out a good chunk of the formula D cars here in the states, and actually knows his ****. If I wasn't capable of handling my own projects this is the only way I'd go. I've seen the work first hand, and know many many people who have been 100% satisfied with his stuff. Seriously. Mark Panic at panicwire. Do a search, spend the cash, enjoy the smile that comes with hearig it pop off with no issues and go.

Or take the 50/50 with someone that just really puts on the front that they have a clue. This is the reason I generally go behind every post he makes and poke holes in it. Which I find funny because this stuff is something that I learned on my own through being a broke ****, and shouldn't be able to do to someone that learned this stuff through the original Dr.tweak (josh?) who was revered as pretty much the original Toyota swap wiring go to guy. Sure I go about this in an ******* manner, its the only way I know how. I don't sugar coat ****. The world isn't sugar coated. You guys wanna take a chance on headaches, fine. I just feel that from what tweaktech (cam) posts on here, he's a joke. And I say what I say hoping people don't end up with a headache.
Old 05-04-14, 05:17 AM
hmhatch
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If you know how to solder, de-pin plugs, read wiring diagrams, stay organized, and be patient, you can do the harness yourself.
Old 05-08-14, 07:33 PM
2jdeemo
Rookie

Can I put an aristo ecu in my sc300 without doing the swap?