Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

single turbo sc400 1uz FIC8 issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-14, 09:31 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default single turbo sc400 1uz FIC8 issues?

Alright guys I have a 1995 obd1 1uz single turbo sc400. Trying to run the fic8 wiring according to the diagram below. Picture below has E9 and E10 backwords. Is this the plug im supposed to use? Do they all wire into the E10 plug or just the injectors? Are these the numbers im supposed to use? ..... also now my check engine light wont turn on with key on, engine off.
Old 04-18-14, 09:34 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kolessc400
Alright guys I have a 1995 obd1 1uz single turbo sc400. Trying to run the fic8 wiring according to the diagram below. Picture below has E9 and E10 backwords. Is this the plug im supposed to use? Do they all wire into the E10 plug or just the injectors? Are these the numbers im supposed to use? ..... also now my check engine light wont turn on with key on, engine off.
here is the pictures
Attached Thumbnails single turbo sc400 1uz FIC8 issues?-la3rbyjl-1.jpeg   single turbo sc400 1uz FIC8 issues?-rrhz1ttl.jpeg   single turbo sc400 1uz FIC8 issues?-ecupins.jpeg  
Old 04-19-14, 06:29 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Does anyone have any ideas??? Is the fic8 supposed to take out the light or does a 95 have diffrent wireing then the earlyer obd1 vehicles
Old 04-21-14, 05:38 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With the FI/C your car should behave like normal, no lights or errors of any kind.
To know if you did the proper installation, use the bypass harnesses that came with the FI/C and your car will run on the stock ECU.
I´ve followed that same scheme, the only thing backwards are the IN/OUT in the CAM/CRANK sensors. The signal from those should go IN to the FI/C and OUT to the ECU. Check that
Old 04-23-14, 01:55 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Ok I had it all wired in and the fic wont hold a flash im just going tomtrash the fic idea and go standalone... I tried wireing beck to the normal way now the car wont start im going to sell an fic8 I did do the wireing the right way too both befor the fic8 and after...
Old 04-24-14, 11:02 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Your problem is you have a 95 harness and are wiring up the injectors like the 92-94 harness is in batch fire, except in 95 they swapped over to full sequential on the sc400 so it actually has 8 injector leads instead of the 4 previous ones.

the 92-94 sc400 wiring is different than the 95, and in 96+ they went to the newer maf.
odb1 on the 400 is 92-95, but many don;t know about the changes made in 95, including weaker bottom end.
I want to say in 92-94 injectors were paired off in batch fire on the harness, and on 95+ the injectors are individually wired from the ECM. on 96+ they are still individual but the maf changed.
I am not 100% on all the v8 stuff but over the years I have figured that out at least.

so if you are using a 92-94 diagram and trying to wire up injectors, you likely only wired half of them, or you wired up all of them and they are now firing twice as much as they should be.
the regular ecu should still run it and they run rich enough to handle 6-8 pounds of boost but are very touchy. The FIC 8 should have gotten the job done, a standalone can do it also though but you will have to reprogram everything to run for the v8. I know the supra ems;s have the same connector so maybe you can even use a supra standalone and then change all the settings to run the v8. you will need 8 injector drivers which most of them have 10 so thats not an issue, and 2 coil drivers and most of them have at least 5 (aem v1) or 10+(aem v2) so that shouldn't be a problem either. setting up all the times each coil fires would be a hassle unless there is a similar v8 motor out there with a similar firing order with settings you can borrow and tweak.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 04-24-14 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-28-14, 01:30 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Ok much apriciated... I plan on just creating my own harness and run a full standalone... you are right but the 94 also is same till they changed to the obd2... and a waste spark system from a ford v8 will work to run in a standalone or swap to coil over plug system
Old 04-28-14, 02:21 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

just use the 95 harness and go from there, no need to make a harness from scratch but you could.
I stay away from the FORD EDIS stuff unless you have a old megasuirt ecu. I mean do you really want to have to set up an external crank trigger and all that extra stuff just to run coils.

I would use the 95 harness, 95 ecu and FIC. Or use the 95 harness, get an aem ems for a supra or universal one, and figure out the settings to make it run the v8 and wire up the missing stuff.
Old 04-29-14, 09:42 AM
kolessc400
Pole Position

I would use the old harness except no one can get an diagram for the 95... as far as a supra one I would still be swaping out wireing and still need a diagram... making a harness wouuld be the logical way... I would probly use this fic8 except it wont hold the flash after I updated my program so now it wont work or im missing something during the flash... it compleats then still the same window pops up to refer to the flash...any ideas
Old 04-29-14, 10:29 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I don't know much about using the FIC have never used one just read about peoples setups using them.
I would think a diagram could be found for the 95. Its alot to wire up individually to everything I would start with the 95 harness, get a diagram and go from there. If you use the older harness and ecu you will have to run batch injection which is less optimal, especially for boost as that fuel heats up in the cylinder head just sitting there. also alot of the sc400 pins are in the same spots as the sc300 pins for essential items. the differences show up in the number of coils and injectors there will be a few more pins in each section on the 400 harness, I will see if I can find a diagram later.

The supra aem ems will plug into a sc400 ecu connector, you are aware of that right? it just has an extra ignition output vs the 2jzge, and 2 more injector ouputs. it literally plugs in though, so most of the setup on the aem ems is actually in the software if you use a 95 harness since the 95 has full sequential for injection and the aem has 10 injector drivers so we are still good there, and the 95 uses only 2 coils cause it has 2 distributors so you only need 2 ignition outputs, and the aem has 5 of those, so good once again.
I don't have the settings for making it run, but it would be like setting up 2x 4cylinder engines essentially. I know there are people running it out there, would they share the maps.. I have no idea, but they could be figured out.
Old 04-29-14, 10:34 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

http://www.lextreme.com/lex%2096sc4001.pdf
whole diagram for a 96. I would use the references for the injectors below and verify your harness does have all 8 wires on there.

toyota labels injectors #10 #20 #30.. means injector 1, 2, 3

6 of the injectors are on pins 15-20
the other 2 of them are on pins 39 and 40
Old 04-29-14, 11:45 AM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Ok will double check on this and research I did notice the lables 10 20 30 40 but did not see more than that except on the other side markes 10 20 30 40
Old 04-29-14, 11:50 AM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Also I do know it will plug in but there are diffrences in the wireing dont know if it will run a supra ems without doing a few saughter jobs on the wireing harness
Old 04-29-14, 12:59 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

There is no slaughter job on the wiring harness, maximum you would be moving some pins around on the ecu connector for the aem. that is a simple remove pin from connector and reinsert into another spot sort of deal, and that is only for a handfull of wires that will be in the wrong place, as I said most of the pins for things like water temp etc.. are in the same places on both cars connector, otherwise they wouldn't have made them the same shape. the stuff that is different is the ignition and injector stuff, basically the stuff that there is 8 of instead of 6 on the supra, you may have to move those wires around a little bit.

if you start with a 400 harness, everything is going to the right place in the engine bay already. you would use the maf wiring to wire in a map sensor and a intake air sensor, exactly like on a supra, move some wires around on the ecu connector according to where the aem lists its extra injector pins are, same with the 2 ignition wires. who knows it may even be in the right spots already. the rest is changing the settings in the calibration to run the v8. honestly that is the hardest part.

I don;t know why so many don't run the aem on the v8. after I learned they had the same connector I knew it was possible and I have read about several vehicles running a 1uz with the aem ems, so the settings exist just have no idea what they are.
Old 04-29-14, 01:43 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Do you know any one who have done this? And on the aem ill have to do research more are you sure that it can run a v8 instead... I thought becausr they are for a 6 cylinder that it wouldnt work... it for sure allows to change the settings for the 1uz

Quick Reply: single turbo sc400 1uz FIC8 issues?