Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc400 manual swap clutch not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 04:30 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sc400 manual swap clutch not working

Ok I have an sc400 1uz to w58 swap im using everything from toyotav8.com (1uzswapkit.com) and drift motion pedals but the pedal swings to the floor and have to manualy pull it up im using the t56 bearing and sc300 master cylinder the clutch wont disengage even with the pedal to the floor but getting fluid out of the bleder setup any ideas... does the flywheel need a spacer? Do you think maby the master cylinder or slave cylinder? The pedal has to much tension on it?
Old 03-26-14, 08:57 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

So I eliminated a spacer and air in the line... i vacume bled the lines...and got ahold of the guy at toyotav8.com andhe said absolutly no spacer... I am getting another master cylinder and if that dont work im doing the t56 slave... also does any one know if the clutch pedal is suposed to spring both ways fron half way down

Last edited by kolessc400; 03-26-14 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-27-14, 06:01 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pm'd

also what slave are you using now if not the t56?

and yes the clutch pedal does that. its the spring.
Old 03-27-14, 10:23 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Im using the t56 bearing

is that normal for the pedal to be extreamly springy down or up from half way down?

There is light pressure in the lines it looks like
Old 03-27-14, 10:40 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

if you mounted the bearing lines like this.

your fitting on the bearing might be cracked. the fitting is hitting a bolt behind it, happened to me. i dropped my transmission twice before i realise the problem.

or if your not leaking any clutch fluid. maybe adjusting your master cylinder behind your clutch pedal?
Old 03-27-14, 10:50 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

I fixed that originally it spued fluid and i pulled it down and fixed it put it back up

now it goes to the floor and you have to pull it back up and only light pressure in the lines it looks like

im thinking the master cylinder even with the lines off and pumping no fluid or any thing comes out of the master cylinder but when hookedup some pressure spits out of bleader

Last edited by kolessc400; 03-27-14 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-28-14, 01:38 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

you may have a bad master mine went out in a similar fashion and clutch pedal will want to stay on the floor.

If you get a constant stream of fluid out the master line for a while as you pump, i.e. more than a few seconds then its probably working.

If you just get an initial small stream and then the fluid just goes back and forth in the bleeder line then the master could be toast as its moving some fluid around but does not seal well enough to keep the pressure on the fluid so after pushing when it pulls up it actually pulls the fluid back (vacuum) instead of releasing the pressure it just created. so you can pump and pump and bleed and bleed but you get no more than a tiny amount of pressure in the lines. you get this fluid doing the back and forth dance in the line and then you know the master is toast. also can see it when after bleeding as much as you can with a bad master it will barely move the slave the first time you push it, then none the second or third times you know master is loosing pressure internally, usually there is no leak at all.

after fixing mine it bled out and worked right in like 30 seconds of pumping, unlike the hour before of pumping that got nowhere.

I know yours is different in the slave setup but the master cylinder should be same on yours. also I have heard of people having issues with the big spring on the clutch pedal when using hydraulic release bearings I can't remember where I read it but someone said they removed it maybe? I dunno worth a search probably.
Old 03-28-14, 06:15 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

I just put it all together and bled the clutch with a vaccume bleader and you can just flip the pedal like the master isnt even there with light fluid comming out just how the pedals flop up and down without it hooked up if you pump the pedal back and forth by hand the master does not take fluid you have to pump really fast for a long time and it only takes like 1/16 in of fluid if it even does... my gut is really telling me that its the master cylinder ive never had a master act like this one in any other car and they all act the same in ways so im hopeing its that because they are shipping me a new one under warranty on monday they are slackin I told them when I started this thread.... so we will see as soon as it gets here by thursday... if not I have Em to buy a new slave it does not have warranty

Last edited by kolessc400; 03-28-14 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-20-14, 08:35 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

So put in the new master cylinder... now I have pressure comming out the bleeder I bench blead the master cylinder befor install... no leaking... still I can flip the pedal and nothing still... wtf I just bought a new slave cylinder now im going to try that and so for the 3rd time im pulling the manual trans trans... any other ideas?