Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc400 neutraI safety switch wireing after sc300 w58 manual swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-14, 01:01 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I seriously want to understand your logic. The engine never tries to shift. Now the ecu may want to shift the auto, but with absolutely none of its connectors plugged in, it won't attempt to shift anything. I also cannot see in any form or fashion how that would affect a piggy back in which the only signals it should see are engine functions. Tps/clt/iat/airflow/ignition. I've run piggy backs on manual swapped cars with auto ecus and it made zero difference, the tuning device is indifferent. You are way over thinking this.

If you want the o/d light to stop flashing, pull the bulb. The ecu is gonna keep flashing it because you're missing every ****ing solenoid and circuit in the mother****er.
Old 03-31-14, 08:28 AM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read a thread that was strictly ecu related with the manual swaps and it went into detail on the ecu.... they were saying that usual swaps would require a manual ecu but with the sc400 nver being a manual never had one and the ecu needs tricked to rid the O/D light and minor sputs when trying to wire to a drive gear... in the thread they said to wire to low gear because the sputs.... the sputs come from wireing to any other drive gear becides low because of the auto ecu... I am not saying just wireing to neutral wont work because it will... but to rid the light and minor issues when tricking the ecu low gear is required... also using a supra or sc300 manual ecu will not work because injector layout and coil layout... have you tried to trick the ecu to turn it out... this is for emmissions purposes in newer sc model...

Last edited by kolessc400; 04-12-14 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-12-14, 06:28 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Any other wireing info for gear related parts
Old 04-19-15, 07:32 PM
kolessc400
Pole Position

Ok i also found ruining to a switch to drive will also let you use cruse control And it will have to be switched on after starting Will also rid o/d light tricking the ecu just with my experimentation with the wiring i have mine directly wired to drive all time then neutral to my clutch start switch and reverse to the reverse switch on trans and its working fine with all of it and i got cruse control back lol finaly
Old 02-06-16, 04:19 PM
Dublin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iridebmx
you don't have to mess with the old gear wiring
nss, jump where the two yellow spots are (2 black wires)

i never bothered connecting it but reverse is the pink/black and yellow wire on the same plug i dont know which is wires (+) and (-).

where in CO are you?
Hi, I am new here I have been searching this form to find someone to show me this connector for the neutral safety switch. The problem I'm having is that my connector is broken very badly, it will not start from the ignition. The dealer says they need the five digit part number off that connector to order it. Can you help