Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ac/heat blower motor problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-14, 08:17 AM
itrsalmaan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes that the thing which I'm referring too
Old 05-04-14, 05:25 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

i have no idea, i replaced mine and it didn't do anything. im guessing in my case it's the actual unit cz i've checked everything there is to check. sooo yea, just paying off some other more important stuff right now and i'll get to it later, for now windows down and roof open.
Old 05-09-14, 05:13 AM
itrsalmaan
Driver School Candidate

so i'm back to square too
installed mine and it didnt turned on replaced it and even then it didnt
Now i'm opening centre console and going to check it wire by wire.... Which colorwire should have +12v going to blower?
Old 05-09-14, 10:30 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by itrsalmaan
so i'm back to square too
installed mine and it didnt turned on replaced it and even then it didnt
Now i'm opening centre console and going to check it wire by wire.... Which colorwire should have +12v going to blower?
that's where i was stumped too. i tried checking the wiring but it comes to a dead end it seems once you get to the little black box that's closest to the firewall. idk where the wiring goes from there. i'm gonna borrow a climate control unit from someone that works and see if that will work, if it does, i'll be buying one, if not then i'll be looking more into the wiring. at least it's warm now and i always drive with the windows open because i'm a gas saver and have never used the AC lol.
Old 05-09-14, 11:10 AM
itrsalmaan
Driver School Candidate

i cant afford that as here temp goes over 50 degree :P

I also checked my wiring and found there was +12V in 3 pins which were going into my climate control but climate control is still not coming up..... My AC wire is not connected but that second challenge. My current challenge is to make my AC blower work which ideally should have no relation with AC compressor wiring or AC Gas (my AC gad leaked sometime back)
Old 05-09-14, 02:37 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by itrsalmaan
i cant afford that as here temp goes over 50 degree :P

I also checked my wiring and found there was +12V in 3 pins which were going into my climate control but climate control is still not coming up..... My AC wire is not connected but that second challenge. My current challenge is to make my AC blower work which ideally should have no relation with AC compressor wiring or AC Gas (my AC gad leaked sometime back)
it's 78 here today and 90 yesterday and it's not that bad with the windows open lol

EDIT: you're in dubai, u mean celsius. nvm lol
Old 06-13-14, 11:37 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm in the same boat right now. For some reason my blower isn't working. The HVAC controls power up/light up just fine. I can select the different vent options, I can turn temp ****, I can turn the fan up and down, everything looks absolutely normal when looking at the HVAC controller. Just no air comes out, no blower operation.

I did a quick visual check of Fuse 10 in the interior which is a common culprit, but that looked fine. I'll be removing/testing every fuse in the car. Otherwise there's just got to be a plug unplugged somewhere I'm thinking. If you figure it out, please post. I'll post any findings I find as well.
Old 06-13-14, 11:16 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

i've sort of given up on it for now. my last thing i'll be checking is trying to find someone who will let me borrow their working unit and let me plug it in to see if it will work, if it does, then i'll be on a search for a working one, if not, then back to scavenging the interior for something loose
Old 06-14-14, 07:09 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Got mine fixed, somehow I had forgotten to plug in some of the harness plugs down in the passenger foot well. Now everything is working again. SO maybe go check down there for plugs that are loose.
Old 06-14-14, 11:14 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

oh i have checked, i've taken the entire dash apart twice, there is nothing left to check for me unfortunately besides a new climate control unit. when i have some time i'm gonna take everything apart anywyas cz i'll be dipping my wood trim and painting other pieces so i'll check again.
Old 06-15-14, 03:15 AM
itrsalmaan
Driver School Candidate

Halon.... what connectors were those? do you have a pic?

I'm stumped too... given up! i'm thinking of installing external switch and run blower direct along with AC compressor to turn it on Im unable to source a working climate control unit else this would've helped

Just to understand...... How can i check if climate control unit is getting power or not? which pins should have +12V coming in?

Do you have any pin out layout/diagram for climate control unit?
Old 11-26-14, 04:15 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

I cant stand this problem anymore. I got a new climate control, new transistor, new resistor, checked the blower motor, and now im just sitting here with everything taken apart and don't know what to do. I hate this thing with a burning passion.
Old 11-30-14, 03:13 PM
sc300PR
Rookie

wow, oldmantan where in illinois you in?! im in illinois and have the same dam problem i trying to fix! lastnight i just plugged in a new blower and still noting then i pluged my original fan to battery and works.. no power to fan..
Old 11-30-14, 08:47 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc300PR
wow, oldmantan where in illinois you in?! im in illinois and have the same dam problem i trying to fix! lastnight i just plugged in a new blower and still noting then i pluged my original fan to battery and works.. no power to fan..
i'm in burr ridge, darien, hinsdale, willowbrook, westmont area. yea i have no idea why the motor isn't getting any power, it's the weirdest thing ever. it's like the whole system is just dead, but why!?!??!
Old 11-30-14, 10:22 PM
sc300PR
Rookie

O ok that's like 40m away.. Yeah this thing is crazy, from reading the post it seemed you been having this problem! I change the climate control to 2 different ones and still nothing, the relay as well. I have a diagram of the blower motor I can upload tmrw night..

Quick Reply: ac/heat blower motor problem