I own a 1995 Lexus SC300 after searching multiple forums and numerous stores I noticed there weren't many short shifters available for the SC300. I recently purchased a short shifter for a MKIV Supra since the 5 speed 95-97 SC300 use the same W58 transmission as the Supra. I have attached pictures of the stock shifter installed in neutral, 3rd gear and 4th gear to show the length of the throw as well as the height of the factory shift ****. I also attached a photo of the factory shifter next to the NST shifter to show the difference of height and quality. Next I have attached pictures of the shifter installed in neutral, 3rd gear and 4th gear. I have seen a dramatic decrease in the throw of the shifter as well as the height of the shifter. The quality of the shifter feels great unlike some other shifters I have purchased that feel like they may break in your hand. The installation was easy and pretty straight forward.
1. start by taking the shift **** off and lifting up on the rear of the shift boot and cover.
2. there will be 4 10mm bolts you need to remove for the rubber boot under the shift boot.
3. you will notice a rubber dust cover and a small rubber piece just pull those off.
4. remove the 4 10mm bolts holding the shifter in place.
My car was already on jack stands so I crawled under the car
5. remove the rubber dust cover revealing the last 12mm bolt holding the bottom of the shifter.
1. Drop the new shifter in replace the 12mm bolt with an alan screw included in the kit
2. attach the new shifter mounting hardware with the 4 alan screws included.
3. Install the three rubber dust covers
4. place the rubber boot and factory 4 10mm bolts back on
5.install shift boot and trim then shift ****.
The whole job took about 45 minutes just taking my time. I am very pleased with the purchase and the quality of the shifter. The shifter I purchased is sold for both the 5 speed and 6 speed supra so there were a lot of included parts I didn't need. **This shifter will not work on pre 95 sc300's only for 95-97 with the tripod style w58**