Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Proefi Install on SC300/GTE

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-14, 10:18 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Proefi Install on SC300/GTE

I am finishing up the proefi install in 1jzgte SC300, I will start a write up on it tonight since i know of 2 people on here that will be doing it in a couple weeks/days.

It's a very simple setup if you know how things work.

It's a nice ecu but the ecu connectors are a little tricky , same as removing or adding the pins.

i installed the fuel pressure sensor which is mandatory or the car will never start no matter what you do.

map sensor, iat sensor, Flex fuel . Oil pressure sensor if you set it properly it will shut the engine off if the oil starts to drop, same as the fuel pressure.

There is a whole bunch of sensor you can install but i just wanted to install the main ones, fuel pressure and oil pressure.

Traction control is next i will tackle that tonight and fuel pump since the pumps are going to be staged, One running full time and the other at a certain boost!

Stay tune.
Old 01-10-14, 01:44 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You has teh dealer softwarez?
Old 01-10-14, 01:53 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

THANK YOU OUMAR!!!!!!!!!
this will help me tremendously. I will be installing all the same sensors and traction. cant wait to see pics and detailed information. you rock dude!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-14, 02:02 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

traction control? does that raise the boost or something when you loose traction
sounds like a nice setup with alot of failsafes, in to see the results
Old 01-12-14, 05:59 AM
snomanlex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be a nice fun setup. Hey omar I've tried getting ahold of you but I have your old number. Can you pm me your new one?
Old 01-13-14, 12:11 PM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes! this is gonna be a great thread.
a lot of info on aem and not a lot for proefi.

why does everyone use aem anyways?
Old 01-14-14, 05:49 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Originally Posted by Vrank
You has teh dealer softwarez?
You are talking about Dealer box? My buddy does, and he told me that he rarely uses that box on Supra only on weird stuff.
Originally Posted by 97-SC300
THANK YOU OUMAR!!!!!!!!!
this will help me tremendously. I will be installing all the same sensors and traction. cant wait to see pics and detailed information. you rock dude!!!!!!!
No problem.I wanna make sure everything is good/ car start and runs etc before i start posting the details.
Originally Posted by Ali SC3
traction control? does that raise the boost or something when you loose traction
sounds like a nice setup with alot of failsafes, in to see the results
Yeah Traction Control, It pulls timing and lowers the boost as soon as it senses wheel spin etc..it will fight to keep the car straight.
Originally Posted by snomanlex
Should be a nice fun setup. Hey omar I've tried getting ahold of you but I have your old number. Can you pm me your new one?
Yeah i got a new number, too many people call me at 2am for help so i changed it ..i will call you tonight.
Originally Posted by mecheng10
yes! this is gonna be a great thread.
a lot of info on aem and not a lot for proefi.

why does everyone use aem anyways?
Aem has been around for a long time and it's PNP really , alot of tuners all over the US. Proefi is not cheap You are looking between 2800-3200 once you all set and done +800$ for Tuning so not alot of SC guy are willing to spend that kind of money on $2000 car.
Old 01-14-14, 02:26 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Even though I will prolly never use this setup, cause I like my AEM and I am broke, this is still going to be a great write up. Omar, I look forward to seeing the write up.
Old 03-17-15, 04:47 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Any updates on this????
Old 03-18-15, 01:43 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Very interested in this too.
Old 05-26-15, 08:47 PM
Z30muscle
Driver School Candidate

i know this is old but would like to see a writeup.

1jz Pnp harness?

i have the same setup 1jz and would love to see a write up for install with traction control wiring. about to order mines this week from induction.
Old 05-28-15, 11:07 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

They don't make a pnp for the 1jz , you have to buy the flying lead and make a new harness or get the plug and pin kit and pin it to your original harness.

I am doing one as we speak for 2jzgte sc300, I will take alot of pics tonight.

My only issue is when I'm trying to get something done..I dont like stopping and taking pictures but I will try tonight.
Old 05-28-15, 03:22 PM
Z30muscle
Driver School Candidate

Intrigued

I spoke with Vic from induction and said the same thing. I opted for the pin kit and was planing on tee-ing off the ecu wires, just to have ability to remove it and plug in a stock ecu if I ever sell it (I hate wiring)

Does the pins need a special tool for crimping?
Old 05-28-15, 04:26 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

please don't tee your wires with splice connectors if you have to do it that way cut and solder everything up you don't want wires coming loose while driving cause its not like 1 or 2 wires it will be most of your wires on your harness. or maybe even get a spare harness.

or better yet, if its the pro efi 128 you are considering which can handle full sequential injection, start out with a 2jzge or 2jzgte harness and go from there since you are changing the whole ecu plug anyways, then you will be set up for full sequential injection.

if you are going single turbo, I would just get a 2jzge harness and strip it down, and make it connect to the ecu, and then do the peelback of the cam wires from the distributor, extend crank wire to oil pump, and the other little wires here and there. if you are keeping the twins, definitely start with a gte harness but a 2jzgte harness will require work on the body plugs.

no way is perfect really, but if you are using pro efi 48 which only runs batch injection like a 1jz normally runs, then just use the 1jz harness.
if you were using the proefi 128 and a 1JZ harness you could also add the 3 extra injector wires to the 1jz harness while you are in there and only connect them to the pro-efi connector.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 05-28-15 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-28-15, 09:17 PM
Z30muscle
Driver School Candidate

definitely great info ali much appreciated

current setup is a 1j auto harness (but going to be manual when proefi is installed) single turbo and i have the 128 coming in. the current plan is to solder and heat shrink a tee from the ecu wires like you mention. its going to be a pain in the a** but for me i think it worth it.

are there benefits on switching to from bank to bank to sequential injection?

Quick Reply: Proefi Install on SC300/GTE