Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Second power sterring hose failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-13, 09:09 AM
Dms3603
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second power sterring hose failure

So this is my second post about a driftmotion p/s hose failing on me. I called and this is exactly what i was told. "It sounds like your hose is failing due to being installed improperly. Did you sleeve the hose at all ? Had you installed it properly and the way we intend it to be installed you would have not had any issues with your hose. " I asked if there is a special way to install the hose why are there no instruction given on your site or with the item? There response was that they did not need to have instructions with the item. I installed this item as I thought I should. The first hose I had failed due to pin size leak in the hose. I installed this hose bare and this happened. So the second hose I bought I ended up wrapping the hose in heater hose and then installing it. I now have the same pin size hole inside the hose i just bought less then a month ago. I also followed a thread on here that another member made of his install so that this wouldn't happen a second time. I am furious about this as I have had the same issue twice with no resolution and I am now out of $140 and shipping . On top of that they basically told me that its my fault and that i am screwed. I have ordered quite a lot with driftmotion and this is just unacceptable. I had another issue with a fuel filter they sold me because it was not compatible. I am so done with this man. I really don't have the funds to waste as I am a broke college student. This type of stuff is why I am just going to pay the extra money to buy things from companies that I can trust.
Old 10-29-13, 11:43 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dms3603
So this is my second post about a driftmotion p/s hose failing on me. I called and this is exactly what i was told. "It sounds like your hose is failing due to being installed improperly. Did you sleeve the hose at all ? Had you installed it properly and the way we intend it to be installed you would have not had any issues with your hose. " I asked if there is a special way to install the hose why are there no instruction given on your site or with the item? There response was that they did not need to have instructions with the item. I installed this item as I thought I should. The first hose I had failed due to pin size leak in the hose. I installed this hose bare and this happened. So the second hose I bought I ended up wrapping the hose in heater hose and then installing it. I now have the same pin size hole inside the hose i just bought less then a month ago. I also followed a thread on here that another member made of his install so that this wouldn't happen a second time. I am furious about this as I have had the same issue twice with no resolution and I am now out of $140 and shipping . On top of that they basically told me that its my fault and that i am screwed. I have ordered quite a lot with driftmotion and this is just unacceptable. I had another issue with a fuel filter they sold me because it was not compatible. I am so done with this man. I really don't have the funds to waste as I am a broke college student. This type of stuff is why I am just going to pay the extra money to buy things from companies that I can trust.

I wont go too far into details, but your not alone.