Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jzgte non vvti tubo questions/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-13, 06:26 PM
94Soarer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jzgte non vvti tubo questions/opinions

So there comes a time in every boys life where they want more power... now I have a 94 Toyota soarer, and for a good 3 months now been reading and talking to people with my motor about turbos and I cant figure out the best route. who has taken out the ct12a twins and redone them with steel wheel set up and high flow ? was it worth it, roughly what did it set you back to do, and what kind of psi/power were you pushing after.

NOW the other option is a single turbo set up... and lots of guys on here are horny for that set up.. now with a single turbo will I be loosing my bottom end power ? iv been reading on driftmotion and they seem to have some very nice single turbo kits that are reasonable priced. id like to hit in my soarer 400-500 whp but I don't want to wait 10 minutes for it to spool up either would there be a good size turbo you could recommended that would have fast spool time and id be able to achieve that goal?

and the other idea a guy i know has thrown at me what kind of power am i looking at if i just did a fuel pump 440 supra injectors and a fmic and a tune?

asking a lot i know.... any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-14-13, 07:18 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

go with a single turbo.
Old 08-14-13, 07:30 PM
94Soarer
Rookie

Do you have a reason why not to do a steel wheel setup ? or are you one of the single turbo horny guys ..
Old 08-15-13, 03:59 PM
94Soarer
Rookie

well is anyone running the driftmotion turbo kit ( 1jz 60-1 ) if so how is it and is it worth the money? would things should I buy and do before doing this upgrade. and will internals need to be done and can the tranny handle it. also whats the spool up time like and is there lots of lag
Old 08-16-13, 01:55 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 94Soarer
Do you have a reason why not to do a steel wheel setup ? or are you one of the single turbo horny guys ..
Dont be a ****. The single turbo setup is a lot easier to work with plus a single conversion may be cheaper. Your r154 should be able to handle the power.
Old 08-16-13, 11:22 AM
juanikun
Driver School Candidate

holset HE351CW
pretty fast spool. boost hits hard.
people call it "freight train"
Old 08-17-13, 10:16 AM
94Soarer
Rookie

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...imturbokit.php

do you guys think this 57 trim would be decent for street use and have decent spool is anyone running it? and if so how was the quality of the kit and the turbo ? is the drift motion kit worth the money
Old 08-17-13, 10:21 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...62turbokit.php
Old 08-17-13, 10:27 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok so you don't wanna search and when the older members give you some advices you get smart with them..

That's not cool..
Old 08-18-13, 10:12 AM
94Soarer
Rookie

was not trying to be smart just trying to ask some questions on that 6262 kit would I need to do some work on the internals on my 1j or would it handle that power. also what are you guys using for stand alone because right now I can get a greddy emanage for like 200 new at a local shop near me wondering if it be worth it
Old 08-18-13, 10:16 AM
94Soarer
Rookie

Originally Posted by juanikun
holset HE351CW
pretty fast spool. boost hits hard.
people call it "freight train"
I tryd to do some reading on it and if what I found was right is that turbo for a diesel ? and if doing that I could just buy that turbo and apply it to the set im looking at getting off driftmotion correct ? I just want something where it wont take 4000rpm to hit would be happy at like 3500 to 3000
Old 08-18-13, 12:44 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Soarer
was not trying to be smart just trying to ask some questions on that 6262 kit would I need to do some work on the internals on my 1j or would it handle that power. also what are you guys using for stand alone because right now I can get a greddy emanage for like 200 new at a local shop near me wondering if it be worth it
Ok.

Stock internals work just fine for what you are trying to do.

6262 is an old turbo , they don't make it anymore unless you are buying it used.

The replacement of that turbo is the 6266.

And if you do get it make sure you run the proper lines and install the feed and return properly, because it will take a dump in less than 5miles and precision always blame the users anyway for having a blown turbo.

If your local shop can tunr the emanage them get it if they are not familiar with it , I would not mess with.

Good luck with the project.
Old 08-19-13, 05:39 PM
94Soarer
Rookie

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Ok.

Stock internals work just fine for what you are trying to do.

6262 is an old turbo , they don't make it anymore unless you are buying it used.

The replacement of that turbo is the 6266.

And if you do get it make sure you run the proper lines and install the feed and return properly, because it will take a dump in less than 5miles and precision always blame the users anyway for having a blown turbo.

If your local shop can tunr the emanage them get it if they are not familiar with it , I would not mess with.

Good luck with the project.
that's good to hear for the internals what kind of power can the bottom end of the 1jz hold out of curiosity? and as im still a bit of single turbo "noob" what type of spool time would a 57 trim put out I would like to run 18/20 psi. and would like it to be spooled for around 3500 rpm. I no the 1j revs up pretty quick so i don't think on that turbo it be to bad. Can u hit 400/450 wheel on it is my question. and if so would the 2jz 440cc injectors do the trick. also on are beloved sc's iv read the mk4 supra intercooler kits work if so for the power im going for would it be worth it to get a intercooler good for more power say 600whp ? may sound silly but would it keep it cooler? And seeing is how driftmotion do have a 57 trim kit iv read there kits are not 100% bolt on when buying a kit like that is there much more you need to run a successful set up. Also the emange i found is the "blue" one not sure the difference between the black and blue are i assume black is newer more bells and whistles

Thank you for the help guys without this site id be spending lots of money... and looking like
Old 09-28-13, 09:11 AM
94Soarer
Rookie

Older thread but I think I will be doing the holset HE351CW set up.. iv read some good things I just have a few minor questions. First off this is my first build on my car and I got a friend helping me that's been in the car game for like 10 plus years.

First question for the holset HE351CW Witch cummins motor is this off of ? the 7.1l?

Second would that be running the t4 manifold with this ?

And being on a budget build threw many friends im getting a real good deal on the turbo but I just have to see what motor that's off.

for tunning would I be safe going with the AEM FIC?

and last but not least... Best injector size I was thinking 550cc/650
Old 09-28-13, 09:16 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

^ that turbo is a little older, it comes from the 5.9 cummins made from 04-07

Quick Reply: 1jzgte non vvti tubo questions/opinions