Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

bought 92 sc300 nat and have some ? s

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-13, 09:09 PM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bought 92 sc300 nat and have some ? s

Got a really good deal on this car,its a 92 auto sc300 with a t3/t4 turbo kit. But the person I bought it from had to replace the ecu because it was bad. He gave me a set of rc 460 injectors, apexi safc2, and turbo timer, but they are not installed anymore. Car is running stock ecu with no piggyback and timing is retarded back for now on stock injectors. I definitely need to redo and add some things.
Im going to tear the car down and clean things up, but also would like to know what else is needed to make it more reliable. Is there anyone in san diego that has an Na-t setup? I would like for someone with some knowledge to take a look at what I have and need. Don't need big horsepower, just wanted a lil more ummph. Lol.
My questions are... can the safc2 actually be used?
Is 460cc injectors enough ( im good with 250ish 300hp)
The egr is blocked off so there's an open port in the vavle cover. Previous owner said it needed an oilcatch can installed. Is that where I can install the tubing at?
I need to by a boost gauge and what else? Egt? Wideband?
I will have some pics up this week, hooefully. Thanks guys..sorry also im typing this on my fone.
Old 08-12-13, 10:05 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustChill
Got a really good deal on this car,its a 92 auto sc300 with a t3/t4 turbo kit. But the person I bought it from had to replace the ecu because it was bad. He gave me a set of rc 460 injectors, apexi safc2, and turbo timer, but they are not installed anymore. Car is running stock ecu with no piggyback and timing is retarded back for now on stock injectors. I definitely need to redo and add some things.
Im going to tear the car down and clean things up, but also would like to know what else is needed to make it more reliable. Is there anyone in san diego that has an Na-t setup? I would like for someone with some knowledge to take a look at what I have and need. Don't need big horsepower, just wanted a lil more ummph. Lol.
My questions are... can the safc2 actually be used?
Is 460cc injectors enough ( im good with 250ish 300hp)
The egr is blocked off so there's an open port in the vavle cover. Previous owner said it needed an oilcatch can installed. Is that where I can install the tubing at?
I need to by a boost gauge and what else? Egt? Wideband?
I will have some pics up this week, hooefully. Thanks guys..sorry also im typing this on my fone.
Thats scary, how many psi is it running? no piggy back on stock ecu???

Personally i went with a TT ecu as a better starting point to piggy back from (though i have not installed one and been running for a year or so now) I cant imagine the car running any close to decent on a stock ecu.

Grab an aristo ecu and toss those 460 injectors in and convert to coil packs. Then decide how much more you really want. IMO
Old 08-12-13, 10:51 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

^^ this is good advice, those 460's will be alot for the stock ecu with just a safc your car will run but not good.
I would get rid of the safc and use that to get the gte ecu and coils, then just a little wiring you can do this.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-ecu-mod.html

for the valve cover I think you mean the pcv is removed and blocked off. you can get a fitting that will push fit in there or what alot of people do is remove the valve cover and tap out that hole and use a screw on fitting. you have to remove the valve cover to tap cause you have to remove the shavings, this can be a bit of a pain with the stock intake to remove and all that but thats what I have done. IF you don't have a whole lot of oil blowby, you can reinstall the factory PCV its fine to have it in for lower boost levels, and just run a catch can off the passenger side. sounds like the last guy didn't know how to finish it and make it work well, but all the info is here you should be able to get it in reliable condition, but for it to be reliable you have to use the gte ecu at the least or go standalone. for your power goals and stated you want it to be reliable I wouldn't think twice about using the gte ecu its a set it up once and it will always just work sort of thing, and you will be good up to 400hp ecu and fuel wise.
Old 08-12-13, 12:02 PM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys. Jdm tt ecu route it is. I will start collecting info to gather up parts