Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

thoughts on exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-03, 12:41 AM
Tommyd1919
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thoughts on exhaust

Ok I have the 95 sc300 5 speed... I have the turbo motor (2JZGTE) sitting on the stand in my shop but I want to put exhaust on it now so... I was thinking the greddy because I like the dual muffler stuff but would it be sufficent with a turbo motor I am going to try at 550rwhp... Then I could run anything that they make for the SupraTT but how well does the exhaust actually fit on a sc300...Then there is the JIC Magic exhaust made for a Toyota Soarer... I need help here Im scared if I put turbo exhaust on the car now it will run like crap until I get the TT motor in... But if I run the SC Greddy exhaust it will hurt performance in the long run so please people help and also I am looking for a deep tone... I don't want to be mistaken for a honda coming down the road Thanks Tommy D
Old 01-08-03, 01:32 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as exhausts go, pretty much most of the exhaust systems you put on the tt motor will have a deep tone, the turbo's will effect the exhaust note vs the NA motor.

The setup I'm doing on my swap is a horsepowerfreaks downpipe
and my buddy has an exhaust guy that is going to make me a custom dual exhaust with ATR mufflers. I'm going to see if he has any interest in using mine as the template and selling a catback system.

Exhaust is usually a subjective choice, different tones, different looks, different sizes, etc.. If you are planning for the future and big horsepower, you may want to look into a custom exhaust. Usually a bit more cost effective as well.

Oh, and I'm not positive on supra exhaust fitting, as I think our cars are a hair longer than the supra. Can someone else speak to this?

Chris