Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tru Boost Pinout

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-13, 03:17 PM
SliC300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tru Boost Pinout

So I bought a Tru Boost from a friend, but he made some... modifications, to the harness. Needless to say, the wiring instructions from the installation guide so not apply to my gauge. So the million dollar question for you guys is: Does anyone know how the wires run to the pins?

I know that there are a total of 7 wires on the harness and only 5 pins, but also that the harness splits into 2, one for the boost solenoid and one for everything else. Also, according to the manual, there are two reds, a black, an orange, and a grey. I know that the O/G are not used (in my application) but I need to know how the other wires are related to the plug, if that makes any sense. I also know that the solenoid takes a red and black that does not depend on polarity. Since there are only 5 pins on the back of the gauge (not counting the "boost expansion" thingy for high boost apps) then the two wires that run to the solenoid must connect to two of the wires on the 5-wire harness, but to which ones...

If anyone has any idea of how they are wired, or any idea of what I'm talking about, i would appreciate your response.

Also, I found a replacement harness online @
http://www.boostcontroller.com/index...php%3Fpage%3D1
but I don't want to pay for this, after all, I am an engineering student, my pride wouldn't let me even if I had the money get it lol
Old 07-03-13, 02:29 PM
SliC300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really, no one went all engineer on their harness? Bump for answers!
Old 07-04-13, 10:32 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find the instructions for wiring it online. Its pretty simple...

I had it somewhere, but i think its on my tablet.

But for 20 dollars, it would likely be worth the money to save yourself the hassle.