Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TPS Throttle Stop Screw Location w picture

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-14, 11:49 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Re: the "sucking sensation"... I think I was in the right area but on the wrong track. I improved on it a bit by playing with the A/T throttle cable tension. It was tough to tell with my tach needle burnt out, but it appears to actually be an awkward up/down shift just under 2,000 RPM and 55-60 mph. It gives the sensation of being pulled backward by your shoulders, which is what I attributed to the throttle plate being sucked closed.

I couldn't make sense of the various explanations of how to properly adjust the tension, so I'm pretty much taking shots in the dark until it feels right...
Old 04-04-23, 01:57 PM
Ldepaso
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
Re: the "sucking sensation"... I think I was in the right area but on the wrong track. I improved on it a bit by playing with the A/T throttle cable tension. It was tough to tell with my tach needle burnt out, but it appears to actually be an awkward up/down shift just under 2,000 RPM and 55-60 mph. It gives the sensation of being pulled backward by your shoulders, which is what I attributed to the throttle plate being sucked closed.

I couldn't make sense of the various explanations of how to properly adjust the tension, so I'm pretty much taking shots in the dark until it feels right...
I know this is an old post but taking a shot here hoping i get a response. i am going thorough the exact issue you are describing, i couldn't describe it any better. what was your solution for this issue?
Old 04-05-23, 07:11 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Ldepaso
I know this is an old post but taking a shot here hoping i get a response. i am going thorough the exact issue you are describing, i couldn't describe it any better. what was your solution for this issue?
I have little recollection of this thread, being 10 years old and having sold that car ~6 years ago. I don't remember what came of the TPS stuff, but I know the problem didn't linger, so I would guess I solved it with continued fine tuning of the TPS position.
Old 04-05-23, 07:51 AM
Ldepaso
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
I have little recollection of this thread, being 10 years old and having sold that car ~6 years ago. I don't remember what came of the TPS stuff, but I know the problem didn't linger, so I would guess I solved it with continued fine tuning of the TPS position.
i have managed to get the idle as close to 500-600 RPM and now have a better shift , i had to just keep adjusting with out a multimeter and fine tune it. the way the Sensor is angled it makes it impossible to do the test with a multimeter, i guess i will just have to keep trying. Thanks for the quick response even though you no longer have the car!