Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

washed my engine, now guess what........

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-13, 08:18 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anybody have the diagram that tells what every wire on the ecu connector goes to? i want to do a continuity test between each wire and wherever it starts. i need to make sure nothing shorts out my new ecu.
Old 10-20-13, 05:19 PM
Lokz
Driver

Sounds like success. google or research the ecu pinouts and you should be good to go.
GL
-L0kz
Old 04-21-14, 12:04 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

I finally got my car running again. It's been down since last may/June. Don't know when exactly. It's been problem after problem.
I got a second ecu from a seller here on cl. When I got it, it turned on my vehicle no problems. Then I sent it out to get repaired with no luck. Guy said it was too damaged to repair. :/ he said he didn't even know how it was turning on my vehicle. Anyways. I got it back. And figured since what caused this whole problem was me hooking up my fans to the ecu on accident, I should move the wire to a more solid place where nothing can break or be damaged. So I figured underneath the driver kick panel fuse box. so I wanted to route that 1 little wire up in the kick panel but since I hate loose wires, I should take out the drivers fender, remove the plastic tray that holds the wires, and wire it through there. Then I figured why not just move those wires since I've seen a whole bunch of people posting stuff about those getting chewed up when people lower there vehicle. So I went about a whole wire tuck. From moving the fuse box to the trunk, battery to the trunk, abs fuse box to the trunk, tucking all the wires in the frame rail from under and over the fener, and moving the igniter To where my air bag Ecu used to be. I removed it because I plan in changing out the steering wheel soon and don't have a passenger side air bag. Anyway, after a year of it being down, I finally got it running. I'll post a small video of it running later today.
Old 04-21-14, 08:14 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Old 05-02-14, 02:56 PM
KIANASC
Driver School Candidate

good to hear shes running again!!
Old 05-05-14, 05:19 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Thanks kiansc. I'm just getting the final touches on putting her mostly back together so I can drive her for a while before I start to modify her so more. I'm just so excited.
Of course I owe a bunch to alisc3, 1jzpwrd, lokz, THE ORACLE, and most importantly my dad. He actually paid for most of the stuff like the first ecu, the dizzy, the towing to toyota and the diagnosis. Thank you guys for everything.
Old 05-05-14, 05:59 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

I forgot to mention, today I'm buying the back of the ignition switch, Tuesday I get my radiator and registration. So I should have it up and running by then.
Old 05-09-14, 08:53 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Alright guys. Well I've hit another drawback with my car. I can't pass smog to get it registered. I have been driving my car for about 4 days before I got it smogged. But the day I go to get it smogged, it turns on the check engine light. So as I drive to the smog check, I check what code it is to see if it will pass. It's a code 25. Luckily for me, I have a screen shot on my phone of all the codes. This one just so happens to be a lean code. So I'm thinking, hmmm, my engine is running lean, which means it's not burning that much fuel. That's good. I still have a possibility of passing smog. Nope, it's the exact opposite. It failed for to much CO. I'm at 1.92%. Here in vegas the maximum is 1.60%.
So I went to work and got the diagnostic trouble tree for how to diagnose a code 25.
Now Idk if it's ok to post the trouble tree or not according to clublexus rules, but I don't know where to go from step 2. So I need help.
Old 05-09-14, 09:00 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Old 05-09-14, 09:01 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Old 05-09-14, 09:02 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Old 05-09-14, 09:05 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Step one was a little iffy to me. Vf1 got me to 2.5 volts maximum and it wasn't 8 times. But vf2 stayed at 0.4v continually. So I assumed a ng type 1 and moved on to step 2.
For step 2, both o2 sensors read above .5v. Which means now I move on to step 7. I don't know what the heck to do for step 7. :/ please help.
Old 05-11-14, 08:50 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Anybody? Someone has to know.
Old 05-14-14, 04:46 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Still nobody? So I'm just gonna end up repeating everything. I need somebody to answer. I have a bone stock sc300 except for exhaust and intake. Did 12 fuel mod. Now fuel pump works at 14.3volts at idle. Car is getting a code 25, lean. But when I turn on my car, it smells so rich I can probably trap the vapors and get a gallon of fuel. Ha. Jk. But anyways, the smog machine says my car is burning 1.92% CO of a limit of 1.20% in my state. I am looking to do this legally but willing to go around the system if necessary. Please help. I only have 1 more 10 day moving permit until I can't drive my car anymore.
Old 05-14-14, 09:59 PM
estomax
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the car will think you are lean if combustion is not taking place, which will send the air and fuel unburnt into the exhaust (oxygen is what is being measured, not gas/exhaust). unplug your spark plugs or injectors one at a time to see if you can find a cylinder that is not working right.

does it idle/drive smooth otherwise?

Quick Reply: washed my engine, now guess what........