Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte breaking up above 14psi

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-13, 11:16 PM
Lowskee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte breaking up above 14psi

Hey guys, just trying to get some suggestions, i know this has been talked about in alot of different threads, i've been doing alot of reading through different threads but still haven't really got this beat yet..

0bd1 sc300 aristo swap. R154

still on JDM turbos and injectors. mods are

3" turbo back exhaust does have restrictor plate to keep from boost spiking
intake
manual boost controller
greddy BCC

Car has been running great around 15psi, i tried to crank the boost up one day and turned it up to high so i ended up turning it back down and not messing with it..

well eventually i decided to turn it up again, want to be right about 17-18psi i know that will cut the life down on the turbo's but they seem to be healthy and if they go i'll probably go single..

anyways i cranked it up a bit, and it started breaking up above 15psi and running very rich at wot, afr's around low 10's in boost at wot still around 15-17psi..

i thought i might be blowing my spark out, so i bought a new set of ngk's 4644's and gapped them to ,27 threw them in and it was running amazing at 15-16psi pulling harder then ever..

went to crank it up a hair to 18ish and it started breaking up around 15psi again this time afr's are running 12-13 at wot (not where i wanna be )

if i turn it back down 12 psi it seems to run great, it breaks up and stays around 15psi breaking up at anything higher then 12..

any suggestions? have a dyno day coming up saturday and was hoping to dyno it running around 17-18psi...

thanks in advance..
Old 04-04-13, 11:38 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a freinds supra do the same thing. Turns out he bought crappy ebay rubber couplers that would collapse with anything over 15psi. This was the intake couplers. Most likely not your issue but its just something that came to mind. Im having a similar issue with mines, single turbo, 550cc, mapecu, aristo ecu, bcc. Its hitting some sort of cut at 5500-6000 rpms. I think it may be the map on my mapecu, but i havent had time to tweak it.